Monday, April 30, 2007

Book Club


The first page of book candidates.
mmmm....the brownies! (why do they have to be so good?)

This was a strawberry from the fruit plate. I thought it was one of the most perfect berries I have ever seen.

Book club was great last Thursday! We first discussed our book we had read for April, Sarah by Orson Scott Card. I have to say I did not love this book and had some issues with the whole (historical fiction). I did like Fire of the Covenant which was also historical fiction so I don't know why this book rubbed me the wrong way but, it did. I have to report all of the ladies in the group really liked the book so maybe I was just not on the right wave length. I really do love book club! It has been such a great outlet for me and really helps me to keep reading, which I do love to do.

We then moved onto picking books for our upcoming year! This was great fun. There are so many wonderful books out there. By the end of the night we had a list of over thirty books to vote on! I am now working on calculating the ballots. I do still have some absentee ballots out there so this will be very interesting and I will keep you posted. Thanks to the blog designer as he had five little girls to take to dinner, the park, and Grandma's...he's the best! And, not to mention all his computer editing and ballot making :)

3 comments:

dawnae said...

That was a beautiful strawberry....loved that picture. Tell us what you did not like about the pic? Doug really is so great to help you so much!

LaRae said...

That is a perfect strawberry. Our book club has a blog for communicating & posting comments about the books, etc. Not everyone is using it, but I think it could be a lot of fun. We are also posting recipes of the treats the hostesses make also.

Janae said...

I really like the idea of a book club blog. I think that could be very useful. Thanks for the tip!