A bit of a Slacker
My homely real picture :( is this really what I look like? Oh...reality hurts! My attempt at letting go of my superficialness is really hurting! My mother suggested I let it go...I always listen to my mother:)
So, I have heard that I am slacking on my blogging duties. And, I must agree! I have to preface this with yes, I love my baby...but, ever since her arrival it seems I have turned into a slacker! It took till baby number five and here I am now, a classified slacker! It's all sad and true and very unfortunate. I used to be the tell me when and where and I will be there. Me forget an appointment? Never. I am miss let me schedule that and take care of that for ya. Well, this is how I once saw myself some might disagree but nevertheless this was my picture of myself. Well, this has all gone out the window and flew across America. Lately, I have been thinking I need a time diary not a food diary...and a personal assistant, cook and nanny would be helpful too. I feel I am constantly running, constantly late and constantly forgetful! Did all of these babies truly kill off my brain cells? I am starting to believe this to be true. I so want to get it all done and yet I never do! Is this just the way life is? Do I need to take a course in home management? Am I really this kind of a failure? I hate to admit this all but, hey it's true! I can never accomplish in a day what I intend to accomplish. I am constantly running around looking like this! :(
My mother would be horrified as she never ran around with out make up and showers and she always looked pretty and put together! What happened to me? I know this picture is quite homely, but maybe this shock of putting it out there will help me with my scheduling? I want to do my running around put together! So, I feel the need to be real and this is as real as it gets! Now, I am not trying to be sad and depressing just real. I still have hope and everyday I keep hoping I will do better. Isn't that what we are all trying to do, just to be a bit better.


5 comments:
Well on a day that I got absolutely nothing done, and Belle is running around naked, and won't get dressed and Rose is cranky and won't let me put her down, (why won't that gosh darn eye tooth come down already!)...oh and I was up from 1:00 am to 4:00 am then up at 7:00 am....I can totally empathize with you. First of all we have two perfect people to aspire to...our mother and LaRae. I could not look put together like LaRae unless I had a personal stylist. And well mom, well, I don't know how she stays so dang organized but she does! Even with six kids the house was always clean, she always looked great, and we had the best Sunday dinners on the block! Well I gues I just have to be me...in all my natural lookin glory! (just compare yourself to me, Janae, and you will feel much much better.)
if it makes you feel any better im a slacker and I only have two kids. For instance, today i have eaten 2 slices of bread and a bag of cookies, and i think maybe some water. very healthy and a great way to help me lose wieght. I didnt brush rys hair and its all over the place and im not really sure whats he's eaten today either. and ella, poor, sweet, ella, she stays in jammies pretty much all day.ahh, the life of a slacker, welcome my friend
Mom!!! u had 2 put ur exersize picture on the blog!???? No worries, everyone!!! she usually looks VERY pretty.
I love Lexi's comment - No worries - she usually looks VERY pretty. I think Lexi tells it like it is.
I want to know what superficialness you are supposed to let go of. I don't see you as superficial. I think that whenever you have a new person who joins the household it takes quite a while to get a new routine. We expect ourselves to just pick up where we left off before they came along & it just doesn't work. In the past year I can't tell you how many things I have forgotten, missed, spaced, etc. Just ask dad - he can vouch for that since I am late at doing probably 50% of what he asks me to do. Poor guy - just has to put up with me. And Dawnae - I am so NOT perfect! I have learned how to get dressed & "put together" quicker as I've gotten more kids. (I also don't have 2 toddlers underfoot, which makes a huge difference!) But I pretty much never accomplish everything I want to in a day. I always come to the end of the day & think - wait I need just a few more hours so I can finish everything I started out to do today.
I have to say that I would not call a mother of 5 (or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4) a slacker! If that mother takes care of her children's needs & loves them & supports them & helps them grow into wonderful little people (which yours are Janae) - then you are truly NOT a slacker! (although maybe a bit of a slacker on your blogging this past week :) - but that's ok because I know it means you were taking care of Nicolette & Vivien & Ava & Lilli & Lexi (& let's not forget dear Doug) - no small task for sure!
OK LaRae...you give us all some good, good points! I guess we all just want things back going smoothly which, just can't happen with a baby! Poor Lexi was so mortified that I would post that picture!
Post a Comment