Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
I was so impressed with Lisa See’s novel, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Her wonderful woven story took me on a reading journey and introduced me to such rich characters, that I read this book in three days.
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is a powerful story about relationships, regrets, and life-long friendships. While set in a traditional Chinese world, almost anyone can relate to the themes and emotions in this book.
The story is told through the eyes of Lily, the main character of the book. She starts her tale as a young, young girl before her feet were bound by her mother. Through Lisa Sees beautiful writing I felt like I had been there with Lily experiencing this horror. She tells of her life-long relationship with Snowflower , who is her main source of any real relationship for her life.
I am grateful that I was able to acquaint myself with this extremely talented writer, just through her talent of writing. I will seek out this author again and am excited to read more of her works. I definitely recommend.


5 comments:
guess I will have to borrow the book!
Dawnae,
How is it coming with that last book I gave you to read? Have you been working on that one?
nice book.
janae-thank you so much for reading my blog with larae and for directing me to your. i will have to read this book now, after your glowing review! i feel like i know you after hearing so many wonderful things about you from larae and kimmy. thanks again. -linda
i feel so fortunate to be the mom and grandma to this blog group of people!!! :) you are the greatest! i am anxious to read the book now! it is our book club selection this summer. also the beds in the girls room is so very cute! looks just perfect in there. and you are wise to realize a perfect scedule is NOT a perfect day. feeding and holding baby is a much better choice for the day and someday she will be a mommy and you will lucky just to be reading her blog! love mom
Post a Comment