Slacker Update...This One's For You Kid!
Well, after seeing the picture on my previous "Slacker" post, Lexi was horrified that I would dare put up such a picture! She said "Mom did you have to put up an exercise picture?" she was very sad, and did not get my point of posting such a picture at ALL! Anyway, I wanted to report back that yesterday I had made great strides in trying to change my slacker ways. I put myself on a stringent, timed, ridiculous schedule. I must say I did have some success. My main goal was to pick Ava up from preschool having myself "put together". So, I did have success at this one task. I also... got three different people to school, fed two people breakfast, washed dishes, cleaned kitchen, made beds, changed the baby who had pooped through and onto everything, put my left contact in 42 times as it was causing me annoying pain, treadmilled (yes my own made up word) in record time for me, 2.25 miles in 30 minutes...now, I know this is no great feat but to me it was record time. Keep in mind this is all before picking up the child at 11:30 A.M. Yes, this is shocking considering the morning person I am not.
Now, I must give half of my credit to these two little darlings who all complied to my silly schedule without making a fuss, not even one tantrum out of you know who, my tantrum queen. And yea to good baby who sat in her exersaucer, without one complaint and kindly cheered my treadmilling on. I suppose Tivo and Dragon Tales also deserve a percentage there...but then there's none left for me! Oh Well!
The biggest Dragon Tales fan in history.
My nice baby.
So, for the honest part of yesterday, my good, nice, baby who was good for so long...about 11:00 A.M. was really hungry, tired, and ready for a nap. Unfortunately, my regimented schedule just did not have a slot in it for feeding and napping. So, baby did without :( . Next, I was 7 minutes late for Ava's preschool pickup. By the time I got there everyone was gone so I couldn't even show all the mom's "hey I don't always look like that scary lady"! UHHH!! And, not to mention that I did dry my hair once I got home for the picture. So technically, I was not "totally put together".
My learned experience from yesterday taught me:
I can get certain things done, in a certain order if I sacrifice certain things. My baby's meal not an option,but sitting on the couch for a good 1/2 hour to "wake up" could in my future be an option. I realized all my days don't have to be slacker days. So, this is good I think. Would I want to continue my stringent, timed, ridiculous schedule everyday? Absolutely not! I am grateful for what I learned and I think it gave me the confidence boost I needed. I am glad that in the future I know I can have some ridiculous, stringent days. I have to say though, when it comes down to it my nature is too darn rebellious to live my life that way everyday! I have got to have time to smell those roses, lick the frosting bowl, watch Dragon Tales for 15 minutes, and yes, feed my hungry, yummy, baby! Some of those days just gotta be Slackers!


5 comments:
That is an impressive morning, Janae! I have never thought of you as a slacker, and I still don't. You may not get put together in the morning all the time, but who does as a mom? I know I don't!...so maybe I'm a slacker too :-)
It is nice to have a schedule some days, but I don't like having one everyday either.
Im very impressed. Here is it 4:21 and Im still in jammie pants and a shirt. no make-up, no hair done, Im loking my finest, I must say. Congrats on the schedule. I need to develop one as well. I guess Im all alone in slackerville, farewell dear friend...
wow, mom. great new picture. Ava did a pretty good job with it.
I love this post because . . . I totally relate! About a month or 2 ago, I decided that I really needed to get more done in a day so I designed a wonderful schedule that made perfect sense, on paper. My schedule made sure that I got everything done from scripture study to exercise to bookwork to house work. Sadly, I did not follow my schedule for even ONE day! You did it for a day - very impressive, indeed. Similar to what you found, I found that my perfect schedule would just not accommodate for things like a 20-minute phone call from a friend who called out the blue, play time on the floor with baby B, or lingering on the computer "just because I want to." I also found that I too, by nature, am much too rebellious to follow such a stringent regimen. I need a little freedom and a little flexiblity. So - I guess we must be related! ;) - love ya sis
somedays i am good lesli and some days i am better lesli. those days when i am better lesli i am up doing doing doing and get so much accomplished. i feel better. i eat better. i usually have a better day. so why am i only good lesli most days? well--your word slacker describes me too! early midlife crisis set in and i joined signed up at a small, close gym & bought time with a personal trainer (to motivate my slacker side!) i also have a simple schedule now set to get the house in order. im enjoying your blog!
Post a Comment