Friday, April 6, 2007

A Week Ago Today...

I can't even believe we left for spring break a week ago today! The time has really gone so fast I am truly amazed! It has been great to be home and get to visit with most all my family. Something occurred to me as I was packing everyone up to "go back home to my moms". I realized this, going back home to where I grew up is my home and will always be, but it is not my children's home. It is strange to think that my children and I will always have different ideas about what back home means.

Now, I had great intentions of blogging every day while at my moms. I thought this would be a great way to remember our fun week. Plus, Doug could look at the blog and see what we were doing each day. Wouldn't that be fun? Unfortunately, this didn't seem to happen. So, I am going to catch everyone up with a quick summary of our week.

Our week started with...yes, a very, very, CRANKY Nicolette! (I know this is hard to believe, yet it is true)I just kept thinking...what is wrong with my nice baby? Where did she go? Then, I realized as she was chewing on anything and everything that she was teething! And, she now has two bottom teeth poking up! I can't even believe how quick that one happened. My little newborn keeps trying to grow up. Next, we have pretty much had a constant party this entire week! The girls have had a blast and we have loved seeing and spending time with cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents.

It started last Saturday with the Phantom of the Opera! This was beyond amazing if you can just imagine! It was a total thrill and I just left thinking ,"when can I see that again?" Lexi got to go at the last minute and it was an amazing opportunity for her and she could hardly take it all in. I highly recommend anyone going if the chance ever becomes available. We then went on to family dinners, lots of swimming, spring fling party , Easter egg hunt, dinners out, late nights, visits with old friends, and definitely too much eating!

It is sad to think the party is soon ending but, every party must eventually come to an end. I guesss. And, we still have Easter egg coloring, more swimming, a baby blessing, and Easter to celebrate! We thank everyone for an awesome spring break!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome Spring break! Yay Nicolette for new teeth! I hope she is back to her happy self again. I've been wondering if Kate is teething since she is cranky a lot, but I think she's just cranky.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, phantom of the opera, huh? Sounds fun. why is it Ive never seen it, if it's so great? Oh, thats right, my face was all swollen and attractive...fun stuff
It was good to see you guys only if for a few hours. hope the drive home wasnt too bad...

lexi said...

Mom,what happened 2 the cute pictures & video clips??? Isn't Nicolette the cutest????

dawnae said...

Lexi, I think your parents left the fun video clips....so I will get it to you as soon as possible! We also had so much fun....and as soon as the cousins left Spencer was ready to go! Belle woke up monday morning, and asked where all her friends were...oh it is always sad to leave Mammy's house!