Mother's Day

Sunday was actually a pretty OK day. I have to admit Mother's Day is not my favorite day, to say the least. I think it reminds me of memories of my mother pretty much disliking the day a lot. I could never understand this as a kid, but really relate to this now. We really only had one dramatic incident which we got over relatively quickly and moved on with our day (this is a record for us, having only one incident).We got to church on time and even got a seat. What more could one ask for?
Doug and the girls were very generous with me this year. Vivien gave me her favorite bear to share with her :) Ava gave me a wonderful card, a flower necklace, and a magnet with a poem. Also, she made a great picture at school for me with a poem on it that made me cry. Lilli made me numerous cards that were both lovely and artistic. She also made me the tile coaster in the photo above. Lexi made me a great card that had almost every adjective of the mother that she feels I am. she also gave me a plant, and note cards. Lexi and Lilli both made me darling aprons in activity days. Doug bought me beautiful roses, a book, a Scentsy :) and a new awesome hairdryer! Also, a beautiful card. My mother also sent me a very nice card.
We had a fabulous dinner at Janet and Steve's! Everything was delicious and the company was terrific as always. I didn't have to do one dish all day, and I even got a nap. This was a Mother's Day for the history book for sure! :)


5 comments:
I am so impressed...it sounds like mothers day is like Christmas at your house! I also remember mom hating mothers day....I thought it was because we were so naughty? Anyways I am not much of a fan for mothers day....except that I would rather just pretend that it was for my mother, and not for me. Hmmmmm wonder why this is?
great mothers day wasnt it???
sounds like a pretty good day. i am sure lexi had some wonderful adjectives to describe you! that is a fun idea to make aprons. and even a nap . . . i am glad you had a good day!
Hooray for a great Mother's Day! It sounds like everyone was very thoughtful and generous :-) I love all the pictures!
mothers guilt sorry i did not like moms day when you all were little ... it would be in those days you all 6 would fight all morn. and then we would go to church and all the talks would be on "angel mothers with angel children" who never were bad and who never raised voices ever! and i would sit there lower and lower in my seat! in seems today they are quite more realistic adn more supportive to mom's than back then. i got quite depressed as i could never ever measure up! but always tried!!! soo i must say it usually was a sad day... i like it better now that i don't have any children(at home) ha ha but it is the truth.
Post a Comment