Tuesday, March 17, 2009

They're Magically Delicious!

I was checking one of my favorite blogs yesterday 2clever. This post was so amazing, I know everyone who read it was at the store buying green food coloring and mint Oreos! These girls over there are beyond clever AND very inspiring:)
We had one very festive St. Patty's Day over here today thanks to all the inspiration.

Starting the day off with some magically delicious cereal. And, some ribbon for decoration...we were good to go.


Vivien decided she hated the Lucky Charms? $#@%*? What? Could she really be my child? I suppose it's all my fault because she has never had them before and heaven forbid we try something new around here ;)

I had a very festive green dinner planned. As we were getting everyone seated Nicolette decided she needed a tissue... and, only daddy was allowed to hand her a tissue... therefore, HUGE, monster, tantrum. Really fun!

Dinner is ready and no one is crying. That's the best.
Green dinner menu:
caramel apple porkchops
twice-baked potatoes (green of course)
edamame
broccoli
spinach strawberry salad with green apples
limeade to drink:)
It was really yummy... those pork chops were amazing! Thanks Dawnae:)


Ava decided to make St. Patrick's Day cards for everyone... so sweet and wonderful!

Vivien wanted to make cards too :)

Nicolette was just thrilled someone made a card for her too :)

Did you notice these were our centerpiece at dinner? They are not Easter eggs... water balloons. We had some major fun ahead of us after dinner.

We started with the "egg" toss. Don't let your balloon break on the other person etc. etc. Unfortunately this game had to be terminated do to some accusations of cheating going on;)

We headed toward this game...I made it up on the spot...not to shabby for this mother who lacks real creativity.
Nicolette had the time of her life putting her balloons into a bowl. The other girls had some complaints that Nicolette did not have to stay behind the line to put her balloons in the bowl. Ya, this game also ended with the whole accusing cheating thing. I thought it a bit bizarre, everyone was concerned about the two-year-old, who was only playing a game with herself, and not at all competing with others! Alas, this is one of the joys of having 5 children...and them all being girls:)

Now, a holiday is never complete without tears and a good sob from somebody. Here's Vivien after daddy through a water balloon at the door...she was unhappy!

If you look closely, at the picture, Lilli is having some definite happy moments going on....Ava, not so much. That's what I get for mixing games and tired girls.
All in all, they had fun! A bit of fun is all I can ask for some of the days:)

Of course all was instantly better when we came inside to this:) Chocolate and ice cream and mint oreos...Wow yummy!

This was enjoyed by all! Truly, my girls had an awesome time tonight. The crying is just something that is inevitable at our house. We just have our fun in between the crying.
I was so happy at the sweet words I got from my little girlies at the end of the night...
Oh, they make it all so worth it. We had a Fun day! Thanks for the inspiration:)

9 comments:

Matt said...

Wow! I can't believe your kids are outside without coats. We still have a foot and a half of snow the ground, and the low was in single digits the other night. It looks like you had a fun time!

shannon said...

UMMMMM! Yes! I'd say you were inspired! Girl!--you went to town with this!!! I love the menu that you did! Right down to the limeaid! The water balloons were brilliant--(tears and all) that just comes with the territory-right? :) The dessert looked marvalous...I want to just jump through the screen right now and pounce on it!

Glad you had a great day!--You're my hero!

patsy said...

this post is so funny! I am laughing out loud here...

What a GREat day!!! I did a bunch of things from the 2clever blog too!!!!! those 2 clever girls are the best!

WE had a rushed green dinner at the counter top since it was our RS birthday party & I had signed up to decorate a cake- which turned out fun- I opted for taste instead of st. patrick theme...
Having the RS party on st. patricks day- was kind of a bummer- but I am NOT complaining NOSIREE. I don't want to be incharge next year ;)

Katie said...

Well, I had Arbys for dinner and Jared had del taco, so we were close in competeting with all your festivities. And for entertainment, Jared went to a movie and I watched Idol. Super exciting! I try to make the holidays memorable for my family too! ha!

Kristy said...

What an awesome you are!!! All I heard about yesterday is why didn't Larry Leprechaun come to our house! Oh my heck!!!!!!

We did have our traditional corned beef dinner and did make sugar cookies but still Larry did come....I told them that Larry had to work so he could not come!

LaRae said...

This is awesome! Sounds like a really fun night & I love the Lucky Charms idea - so easy & I agree, I don't get how Vivi could NOT like Lucky Charms! I craved them when I was pregnant with Ben and ate more than one box all by myself!

I have to say, your festivities make my green dinner and green chocolate milk for breakfast all seem a bit pitiful (my blog post is coming), but we did try - and no daddy here - tax season, you know! We had limeade too!

Kristin said...

What a fun mom you are, i just fed my kids lucky charms for dinner but that isn't much different that any other tuesday night!

dawnae said...

mmmmmm wow those brownies looked so delicious!!!!!!! You should have invited us! :) Did you really like the pork chops? What about the girls? I loved eating the apples with the meat, was such a good combo!!!!!

Angie said...

You really went all out! Way to go, and you already have it blogged, you are amazing! That dessert really looks delicious.