Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So in Love...


with this new baby:) Doug brought this vacuum home to me the other night. A total surprise! I had no idea how great such a surprise could be! I already had a great vacuum. Central vac. has always been my dream and I have that. It's the best! THIS new addition to the central Vac. is just above and beyond... Glides like butter on a hot muffin. Good stuff.

I have to admit, yes it might be strange, but I LOVE vacuum lines! I have been wanting to re-do my floors and go to hardwood and just forget all the trouble carpet brings. Today as I was vacuuming I realized...wow, I would miss my vacuum lines if I didn't have my carpet.

Ever since I was a little girl and my mom took me to a home of one of her friends. My mom said to me, "Janae, look at (so and so's) diamonds on her carpet." Well, it took me a minute, but then I saw the perfectly formed triangles that made diamonds on this lady's carpet. It was one of those impressionable ages and I remember standing there looking at this perfect home with it's perfect vacuum lines and being so excited about it! Crazy i know. I finally have my perfect vacuum lines. As nutso as it sounds, just one of those fun little joys of life! Lots of vacuuming going on here:)

10 comments:

wende said...

it doesn't sound nutso to me! i love vacuum lines but my carpet rarely has them. as soon as they are fresh and nice, someone runs over them and they are gone. i love vacuuming though, it's so theraputic and loud and so no one bugs you while you're doing it. :)

Kristy said...

I love vacuums too!!! I have wanted a filter queen for a long time....that is my favorite vacuum but they cost a ton of money, maybe someday I will have one.

My carpet is getting too old have the lines......I will have to wait for new carpet to get the lines back!

Doug is such a sweetheart!!!! Tell him thanks for the help tonight!

patsy said...

I love/hate carpet- but then I have you know... dogs.

I get over the top excited about appliance type things myself! I do love ALL appliances.

I have TRiEd very.hard. my whole married life to give up & stop worrying about a super clean floor because I just can't do it. I just can't seem to EVEr get it clean for any amount of time...
maybe I need a



new vacuum- ?? or more caffiene. or less kids. better attitude. stronger work ethic.. I better stop ;)

Katie said...

So how do you do diamond lines? J would love that! Though we are mostly tile in this place, which is giving me killer shin splints- that and the 20+ pounds Im lugging around :(

LaRae said...

I'm glad you appreciate your vacuum gift. Have you seen the "dual bag" video online about men who get their wives vacuums and end up in the "dog house". Of course - it's not like he got you the vacuum for Valentine's Day. Then you may have had a different reaction:) I remember have to make those diamonds for mom in her carpet! I don't care about diamonds anymore, though it is nice to enjoy a freshly vacuumed carpet for the 3 minutes or so that it lasts around here!

shannon said...

I have a love affair going on with my vacuum cleaner as well...

There's nothing quite like a freshly vacuumed carpet!

I always get irritated (I know this is stupid) when my kids play the "vacuum cleaner" game--it's where they proceed to mess up the vacuum lines that I've made...
grrrrrrrrrrr

Melanie said...

I remember going to your house as a kid and seeing the diamonds that LaRae had vaccuumed. I was really impressed and I tried to do it at home, but I was never as good as LaRae. sigh! Some of us just don't have such talents.

lexi said...

melissa asked the other day why there are really weird lines all over our living room carpet. i told her you were obsessed with vaccuming so there's perfect lines and that's how you taught us to vaccum.

Unknown said...

We could use a new vacuum. I hate vacuuming now because the after doesn't look much different than the before! I am all for no carpeting myself.

Very sweet of Doug to surprise you with a new vacuum. :-)

dawnae said...

I have really, really, come to love and miss miss miss a good vacumming! If only I had central vac I could finally die in peace. Did I mention that I probably have to sweep my main floor of wood and tile about five times a day to keep it clean??? so not fun!