A Rare Moment

Well, I have to sit on the computer for awhile because...it is totally and completely quiet here! I know it is shocking, I am trying to take it all in myself. I should be returning phone calls, or really on the treadmill but, this is too great to pass up! Vivi and Nicolette are both napping and Ava is out with Grandpa.
Lexi and Lilli have their first performance tonight of the school play Bye, Bye, Birdie. (quite the show for elementary school, huh?) Lexi is the mayor's wife and Lilli is a school child. So, this afternoon will be really hectic and hard getting everyone ready but, I am sure it will be fun and I will be posting pictures tomorrow of the big event.
I have been wanting to post about our last book club selection. We read The Peace Giver by James L. Ferrell. We don't usually do "church books" in book club. We vote on books and this one was one of the top books so we read it. I am so grateful we did read this. I have a hard time sometimes getting myself to get into a church book. This one is excellent! It gives a total and new perspective on the idea of forgiveness. This is from the jacket cover Along the way, the truths of the gospel are unfolded with surprising clarity and power, illuminating aspects of the atonement that few of us have ever heard or considered before. These surprising implications show us the way to deep and lasting peace in our hearts and homes.
Although the book is mainly about a marriage relationship. It can be used in every kind of relationship we have. It has helped me so much in being able to forgive others and to overcome the hurts that others sometimes unknowingly pile upon us. I highly recommend the book!


4 comments:
okay, I can't wait to see the pics of the kids tomorrow...so I will be waiting for them. I will have to borrow your book too....
as a bishop, this has been one of the books brad has used& recommended to people. i have heard it's good, but have not read it.
I'm glad you had some quiet time before your busy/hectic afternoon and evening :-) I look forward to seeing the pictures.
dont i look cute in the other pictures!???!!
Post a Comment