Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Give Me A Dinner Party For 8 or 10...and I Love It!

But, 62!! Oh my we had a fun day yesterday. I call it my recent catering gig. My relief society birthday dinner. I really feel all in all the dinner was a success. I did stress about it for weeks ,I did try out my menu on the family non-stop, (no one will ever want any form of Mexican rice again), I do feel I neglected my kids for the day:( , my poor baby might have starved a bit, but hey the dinner was great! And, after getting over the mother guilt I'll be OK.

I am slowly recovering today after the whirlwind of it all. There are still many dishes to be done but, oh I am glad we are done! I have discovered it really is necessary to share the work when it comes to the food for this many people. This is something that is very hard for me and I hate to admit this, and I don't like to loose control of my meal and risk something not turning out. I did have about 5 women come and help me at about 4 PM yesterday and oh that was so awesome! We chopped, cut, sauted, chopped some more, salted, tasted, mashed, and shredded for 2 and 1/2 hours straight. It was great to have that many hands helping. The dinner was a success, and yes there is always something that could have been a bit better, and yes, I made too much, and the tortillas were not crisp enough, and I forgot the tortilla strips on the salad, and there was not enough cake, but I am ready to focus on the positive and people say it was a great meal so...on we go!

A HUGE Thank you to you know who... the blog designer, the yes I'll take a day off of work for your relief society calling, Mr. I'll hold the baby all day while you run around, Mr. let me go buy more limes because you spilled all the juice down the cabinet, and yes, let me run down to the church yet again to bring you some butter. Not to forget, sure, I'll put this dvd together and get it edited correctly, and then I'll find someone with a projector and rig it up so that your festivity has there entertainment! Etc. etc. Is there anything this man can't do? Obviously not! The most amazing supportive husband on the planet, oh you get the prize! And, let me just use the new saying learned...Yes, you are the bomb:)

7 comments:

lexi said...

Wrong mom! the saying is ur DA bomb!!! But he is DA bomb.

dawnae said...

I think Lexi is correct Janae! And he really is Da Bomb! I bet he was as exhausted as you were! Maybe you should open your own business...catering business that is.

LaRae said...

I've been wondering how things went with the dinner. Did you find the ultimate Mexican rice? What else did you end up serving?

Doug you are quite the guy! Thanks for being so nice to my sister - you're Brad's hero.

Janae said...

Well, I did find a Mexican rice that was OK but, the lime rice was the best! I got it to turn out great that night and everyone thought it was very yummy:)! Thanks for the recipes. Also, the salad dressing was a big hit and I did give you credit:)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had quite a successful dinner! A lot of work, but well worth it I'm sure. And I can understand you being glad it's over :-)
You are blessed to have such a great husband to help you out.

Janae said...

Thanks so much for the corrections Dawnae and Lexi! I will have to work on my slang sayings, as I seem to be lacking the proper etiquette! :) (tease, tease,)

Anonymous said...

your husband is "da bomb"? Im jealous. have doug talk to my hubby and whip him into shape. Though, to his credit, he is investigating a suspicious leak in our 6 month old house. It seems that our house is NOT da bomb...so sad