Sunday, February 3, 2008

That's great........

Well, here is my ironic Build-A- Bear post. First of all, it's not even a bear, it's a pink cheetah cat! Secondly, all my little Vivi desired for her birthday was to go to Build- A- Bear. All of her hopes and dreams depended on . she had a fabulous time while there. Unfortunately, once we got home, here is "Minty" (that's pink cheetah's name). Poor Minty spent her first two weeks of life in her box amongst the clutter, coats, and chaos of the back door area. Why did I spend the amount of money that could have bought me one really nice outfit, on Minty? Minty was neglected, alone, and abandoned. I have not one new outfit. I guess it was all for the experience. I am happy to report that Minty has since left her box and joined the other stuffed animals among the chaos. Is it possible kids really don't want all they ask for? I suppose by the time mine are all grown I will know the answer to this question:)

8 comments:

Katie said...

Man, kids are fickle aren't they? We just Ellas bday and she could care less about all the clothes and toys she got. I guess that's just the way it is!

Kristy said...

Minty is too cute! My boys insisted on "Build a Bears" one year and Emily my oldest spent over $100 of her own money on them. They played with them for awhile and every now and then I see them sleeping with them but we could have spent far less and got them something else that they needed. I think stores lure the kids into wanting their product and then the kids realize it was not what they really thought it was.

wende said...

great post, i totally agree! taylor has been begging for an electric guitar since he began taking acoustic lessons years ago. i finally decided to bite the bullet and buy him one for christmas and i have hardly heard a peep out of it. maybe it's the wrong color? he was sure happy about it on christmas morning! we still get credit for getting the awesome gift right? :)

patsy said...

Brian the missionary called Build a bear the biggest rip off in a parents world when I took him to make a missionary bear. $75 (don't tell my husband) I did have a coupon, but I love that I can hear his voice on it.
It is such a gimick. It's fun to watch them grow out of wanting gimicky stuff & wanting real stuff- wait until she is in college & wants pottery barn dishes for her birthday. :) my reply... your roomates will just ruin them, wait until you get married- maybe that'll hold her off for a while.

patsy said...

Would you classify pottery barn dishes as gimicky or necessary... I'm thinking necessary. Maybe we never grow out of it. I guess I haven't!

patsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
patsy said...

sorry I clicked twice!

dawnae said...

I would say yes definitely they want more than they need and really do want! Right now When belle sees all the commercials on tv, she says I want that mamma, and I say okay, and she has forgotten it by the next commercial. I am ruing the day when she pesters me until she receives that oh much needed item! I think that when they get the item it is never as good as what they thought it would be, (the commercial always makes it look so wonderful and magical.) Just think in the olden days most kids just had an old corn cob to play with....how did they ever survive?