Happy Valentine's Day!
We had a fun Valentine's Day! We celebrated with our fun family Valentine dinner. Above is a new tradition I started just this year. We made family Valentines. Each girl decorated a bag with their name on it and then made Valentines for each member of the family. Then, we put the bags at the dinner table on our plates and we got to stuff everyones bags with Valentines. Even Dad made Valentines! I also had everyone write two reasons why they loved each other on that persons Valentine. Very fun:)
This was just before dinner. (after Valentine opening). We ate the girls favorites, pecan crusted salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, strawberry salad, and yummy veggies. I could of had made rolls and that would of made the dinner perfect but...I didn't...next year:)
Here are my Valentine flowers. They were gorgeous and perfect...thank you to the blog designer:) (no chocolate at my request...boohoo for me!)
OK...this cake...oh my! I was in sheer heaven and went completely nutso! I lost it the day after Valentines...I ate this cake all day and nothing else! (so much for avoiding the box of chocolates;) This is Lesli's recipe, check it out it is amazing!


2 comments:
What a fun Valentine's celebration! I love your idea of having everyone decorate a bag and make cards for each other...I'll have to do that next year. :-)
i am glad you didn't do the chocolates because that cake is so much more worth the sin!
Post a Comment