Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It Can Be So Hard To Be The Baby...

This is what I had to watch a couple of weeks ago. I call it "outside" envy. Poor Nicolette would love to be outside every moment. She really does not care that it is what...80 below right now?

I know this look is trying to tell me..."Mom, open the door already!"

This is...I will now bang the door down...I am coming girls...here I come!

Ava, Vivi, and Molly. The girls did not have a ton of sympathy for the baby. They thought it was pretty funny, all her 'banging the door down".

OK, it wasn't all bad. Once the girls really started to wave to her and interact (through the door) this was good enough for Nicolette. Oh the joys of being the baby:) It's a hard lot but, somebody's got to to do it;)

snacks always make things better:)

Molly, Ava and Vivi. Always up for hot chocolate after such hard outdoor fun! These three are the cutest friends ever:)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Being the youngest IS hard, especially when you get left out of the fun! I love Nicolette's passion to be outside from these pictures, although I'm sure it is hard for you to watch and listen to. Food CAN be a comfort. :-)

Katie said...

i hate the snow. im so glad is never snows here. poor nicolette. i can relate, the youngest of three girls...it's rough. Speaking as the baby of a family, you should spoil her rotten and give her anything she wants!!

Kristy said...

It is so hard to be the baby. I remember when my youngest use to do the same thing. They want to be outside with the big kids. I am looking forward to lunch on Thursday! See you then.

Karrie said...

I miss having my baby home during the day. All I have now is my dog and he scratches to go outside for other reasons and he isn't as cute as Nicolette. See you Thursday

wende said...

send nicolette over to play with ethan ok? i watch that look every day when the kids leave for school, he is so bummed! afterwards he kind of gives me this look like, "so it's just you and me now huh?" it's pretty pathetic. it's all his daddy's fault though, i would gladly have had a friend for him! great post!

Anonymous said...

hi i have never seen a baby cuter than nicoletty and never a 4 yr old cuter than that vivi. (well... perhaps just my other 13 grand daus... and don't forget the boys.) anyway.... they are soooo precious and sooo cute. hope minty gets some hugs from vivi and maybe in the spring time nicoletty can go outside. right now she will sink in the snow! love mam

patsy said...

what great pictures!! She is an absolute dolly-

LaRae said...

I love that first picture of Nicolette looking longingly out the window. You can just imagine what she is thinking.

dawnae said...

oh Nicolette...so hard to watch the older girls having fun without you! You sure and darling whether you are happy or sad!!! Wish I was there to kiss and pinch those little chubba cheeks of yours!