Thanks Patsy:)
Well, after seeing these cute little things on Patsy's blog....I had to make them! I made these for our Baptism fireside last weekend. I have to admit they were a little harder to make than they looked. They are so darling though and they were fun to make.
The mini cupcakes really are a cross between a cupcake/ice cream sundae looking treat. We made brownie ice cream sundaes to go with the mini cakes. A very fun dessert evening.
Here is the start of the process. You have to crumble the cake up. I did use the red velvet cake (which Charli told me looked vile...but that's ok). In retrospect I realized white cake would have been the way to go, especially with the whole baptisim thing going on....oh well. Next time:)
Here is the messy part. Mixing the frosting into the cake crumbles. I do admit I tend to be a recipe critic these days. The recipe says to use a can of frosting. I had high doubts seeing I am not a canned frosting kind of gal. I was afraid to venture from the recipe though because I had never made before etc. I will try these again with yummy homemade frosting:)


10 comments:
Yeah, I just cannot do the canned frosting....it is never ever as good. I have never had any that I like actually! I am not sure I get the whole concept tho....mashed up cake? Then you reform them into a cupcake??? or was the mini cupcakes separate?
How cute! They look like a lot of work but they look yummy!
Those are so cute. Is there anything you can't bake? I think your next project should be the chocolate frosting from The Cupcakery.
These are pretty cute - looks like a lot of work - but pretty cute! Now you're in trouble because all the girls will want them for their birthdays.
Those turned out PERFECT! I love them. I like the red velvet cake too... I hate canned frosting.
I can't believe how close they look to the originals! great job
oh my gosh janae, those are so cute! next time you get your baking apron on , give me a call! good job, and thanks for sharing the tips, i'm planning on trying these. hey, you need to put these on the food blog! i'll email you the invite if i haven't already! good job!
Those are really cute! I love to bake and I think that would be really fun to try making some time!
thats just great you mention me on your blog and you put HOW MEAN I was!!!!! You could have at least mentioned that I loved them and had TWO!!!!! You are an amazing "food artist" and never cease to amaze me with your creations!!! (sorry I am not a better friend)
Charli, Charli...you were not being mean! You were just being honest. There is nothing better than a perfectly honest friend. Thank You! (they should have been white).
Thanks everyone. These were fun to make. Thanks for you comments. I was excited that they did actually turn out:)
Post a Comment