Monday, February 25, 2008

Wow...A Whole Year!

These pictures are from last February. I really can't believe how much kids change in one year. It doesn't seem like that long ago. Nicolette hanging out in the Bumbo. This year of blogging has been a record of our lives that I am so grateful to have. I have never been a good journal person. I have tried and tried to be a good scrapbook person. I have even tried a small personal diary. To no avail I fail at these ventures. The guilt that is created in knowing that I have not accomplished this all important thing is very intense for me. I feel somewhat thrilled to think I have a "journal" of that last year of our lives! It is not necessarily what some would call a journal, but to me that is exactly what it is! Yeah for blogger and the great things it brings:) I also have had a year of enjoying my sisters, sister-in-laws, and others through blogging. Once again, yeah blogger:)

I am looking into Blurb/ blog book and hoping to get a hard copy of this year of blogging. I want opinions on binding my book by the calendar year, or do I bind the book Feb. to Feb.? I did discuss this with my blogger lunch gals:) I just want everyones opinion in writing. Thanks!

My fun silly Lilli. Feb. 2007
My little Lexi...not so little anymore:( These kids are constantly trying to grow up;) 2007

I am celebrating my year of blogging with remembering a post of last February. This is one of my favorites of the year...Get your butt off my door! I am happy to report that we have outgrown the tantrum before nap time! I love to know we have made progress in our lives this last year. I am looking forward to another year of blogging:) Thank you fellow bloggers for making this one of the greatest pastimes around:)

7 comments:

LaRae said...

Congrats on a full year of blogging! It does feel great, doesn't it? I have enjoyed knowing about the everyday excitement in the Erickson household & I do remember the "Get your butt off my door" post. So happy to know that is a thing of the past! I, too, plan to create a Blurb book from my blog. You should see Lesli's - it turned out so beautiful! My vote is to do it for a calendar year - especially since you started blogging in February - you didn't miss a whole lot of 2007. That is what I am planning to do, anyway. You can still celebrate your blog's anniversary, so to speak, but still have a family record from year to year. Your blogger's lunch group sounds like a lot of fun, by the way.

Unknown said...

Has it really been a year already? I agree with Larae, I would do your book for the calendar year. That is what I am doing too. Blogging IS a great way to record our family history, and I love reading about your family, so keep blogging!

Kristy said...

I am going to do mine by the calendar year but the first one might have 14 months since I started blogging in November. I will make that my birthday present ever year to bind my blog. Your girls are getting so big and cute. Just wait until they turn into teenagers like mine....you will have so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

1 year way to go! I vote for calendar year to calendar year as well. I still have several months to go before my year is up. I totaly agree about what you said that it's your journal...it's mine too and now I don't have any guilt feelings about not scrapbooking, journaling, etc.

dawnae said...

I like what Kristy did....I think I will do that as well. How much does the binding cost??? Is it by page. I guess I should look up the site huh??? I think blogging is the perfect journal/scrapbooking/personal history etc. etc. I am off the hook for scrapbooking now!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

patsy said...

Congratulations on a year of blogging! I agree it feels so good to have a personal history. I love how easy it is too. I am binding mine July to July, you probably already know that. It will be a birthday present to myself every year!

wende said...

congratulations! i keep wishing i would've started a year sooner since last year was such a big one for me. it's been such a positive thing in all of our lives - who knew? good job!