Saturday, August 11, 2007

Cabin Days

We took two moms, eight kids and no dads to the cabin. A recipe for disaster? Well, not necessarily. It was scout camp again the beginning of July, so I decided we weren't going to sit around at home and wait for Doug to get home. We took Sara and her cute kids to the cabin with us for a week. Sara and I always get "great ideas" of what we want to do with the kids, for example the Chuck E. Cheese trip:). We were running ourselves a bit ragged, but all in all we had a great time! Sara and I do deserve a girls trip though after the whole week of the kid trip.

This was our hike at Cascade Falls. A beautiful spot! This is one of my favorite hikes around.

This was our rest spot. We did have a couple of hikers who were not thrilled with the idea of the hike, but in the end I think they were all happy they went. (Just not in this picture.)

We made it down by the falls for a picture:)

Lilli, Rachel, and Sara having a rest.

Here are those of us who were not to afraid to step out a bit for a picture.

Here is our group after our first hike of the week. We tried to hike to the spring. It did not go to well if you see the look on Lexi's face. We got caught in a bit of a rain/hail storm. I actually had a blast! My dad was at the cabin by then and came to our rescue. Unfortunately, we really mudded up his brand new car:( I think it will eventually be clean again.

Girls having fun in the rain.

Sara is a great and energetic, fun, friend. She came up with tons of fun crafts for the kids to do while we were there. We made darling paper boxes, sewed tiny bags, and made fun decorative clips and many more! That Sara has more creativity in her than I do in my little finger.

Sara teaching crafts. Lilli hard at work. I think Spencer is trying to be patient:).

One night when my dad was around, he helped us doing the roasting marshmallow thing. The kids thought this was great (and also the moms because of the smores).

Lexi and Rachel. Rachel was very supportive of Lexi and her refusal to get near the fire. (We had the same problem at her birthday with the candles....sigh....)

Well, everyone is having a bit of a moment here. It was late and we just wanted dessert and bed by this time. Thanks Sara and kids for a great trip:)!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I wish I had a friend like sarah... what are you doing blogging? You leave in like 48 hours... get packing!! See you in Hawaii

Cindy said...

It looks like you guys had a great week without the guys!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You are blessed to have such a creative, crafty friend!
Hawaii??

Anonymous said...

Nice family adventure. I wish I was there to share the fun and excitement.