Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Red Eye

Dark Hard Red
This is how we spent our evening a couple of evenings ago (flying the red eye). I am still very confused as to the time and day I am now living in (we had a 4-hour time difference). I have to report it was all worth it! Hawaii was wonderful and such the perfect vacation spot. I did experience my own "living nightmare" on the plane ride home, but I still report it was worth it. Kaui was a really fun island to visit. I had never been to Kaui and it has a lot of fun to offer. I have many pictures to share soon. It is good to be home...but, I'm ready to go back with a few less children:)

4 comments:

LaRae said...

I have wondered how the "red eye" went! How was it your own living nightmare? Do tell! Didn't everyone sleep the entire way & then wake up feeling refreshed & wonderful?! I thought about you arriving at the airport in the wee hours of the morning w/ 5 sleepy children. Can't imagine it was much of a party.

dawnae said...

Okay my nightmare I am sure was much worse...lets compare!

Katie said...

You ladies have nothing on me, beat this: 1 husband afraid to fly,2 naughty kids, 3 plane changes(due to "mechanical" problems, which send Jared into a complete panic) and a 4 hour, yes, you read it right- a 4 hour delay. It was bad. Even though we left like 7 hours before you, you may have beat us home. We rolled in at about 3:30am. I've never been so happy to be home!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I want to hear about this living nightmare because I'm still (4 days later) in my own living nightmare. SCHOOL!!!! We got home a little before 4am and I had to be up at 7am to be on time for work that same day. They moved me to a different classroom. I found my new room in chaos. I'm still trying to get ready for my students. Mike and I stayed until 8pm on Friday night and guess who gets to go in on Saturday? Maybe I'll be able to rest when the year is over.