Thursday, August 30, 2007

That Fun First Day...

Lexi ready for the first day of sixth grade. Her teacher this year is Mrs. Bryson. She is a gem of a teacher and one of the best in the school. We are excited for that!



We are back to hurry, hurry, mode over here at our house. We started back to school this last week. I really have been in a bit of denial over the whole thing, but now that it is here I am forced into reality. I always had a hard time the first day of school growing up and I am afraid that I still have that same fear and trepidation. I just live it vicariously through my children.(lucky me). We as parents were required to go to "back to school day" I was at the school from 10 AM until 12:30 PM. Well, by the end of this "day" I felt so sick to my stomach that I didn't know if I would ever eat again.

I am happy to report that my children did at least 10 times better then me so, hallelujah for that! Lexi probably had the hardest time, but she is a good sport and just needs to get used to her new surroundings.


Lilli ready for the first day of 3rd grade. Her teacher this year is Mrs. Parrish. We don't know much about her yet but, we have high hopes. Lilli is starting the spectrum program and we are excited for that.



And....here she is.....The Kindergarten Gal!! I can't believe our little Ava is big enough to go to kindergarten...when did that happen? It seems like I just was going into Mrs. Flannery's kindergarten room with Lilli. Ava was very excited to go and had a great day. She is going to have a fabulous year and we are all very excited.:)

below-Ava with her friend Molly and new friend Meg. Standing outside the kindergarten door.

4 comments:

dawnae said...

Don't all school doors look that same..weird! I can't believe that you had to spend two hours at school the first day...crazy! The girls all looked beautiful. Spencer had a hard time too, but he didn't recognize it. He kept telling me that he had this feeling in his stomach like something bad was going to happen. Then I said, well you are probably just nervous about school starting. Then he says, no mom thats not it. Maybe I am psychic. Poor little guy....

LaRae said...

The girls all look so cute & Lexi looks just like a 6th grader! I don't think I've ever seen Ava pose so bright-eyed and bright-smiled for a picture! She looks so excited for school that she wasn't even going to let the flash of the camera bother her. Hooray for cute pictures! I am sorry you have to spend 2 1/2 hours at the school for "back to school day". That's bound to make any mom a bit queasy!

Unknown said...

What is Nicolette doing without her sisters around???
I can't believe Lexi is in 6th grade!
Good luck with the spectrum program, Lilli.
Cute kindergartener. :-)

Anonymous said...

oh my i just am having a bit of shock myself that all the little grandkids are getting so big! they ALL do grow up and it is a bit sad but guess that is God's plan for all of us huh? they do seem to grow up faster and faster! vivi j and ava were just babies/ all the girls look so great and they all did so good at picking out outfits! sweet and lovely girls that i love! mmamm