Our Morning at the Polynesian Cultural Center
Our first day in Hawaii we spent at the Polynesian Cultural Center. What an amazing place this is! I had been many years ago with my family, but for some reason had not remembered much. I really hope my girls remember more than I did:) The church has really made this place somewhere worth going and experiencing all there is to offer. There are seven "little villages" Hawaii, Marquesas, Tahiti, Samoa, Aotearoa, Fiji and Tonga. Our host was Hannah and she took the kids around the villages while the parents got to be on their own:).
When we first met up with Hannah, she gave us all a shell lei. She had us hold on to it and then told us to lei someone in our family and tell them aloha. This was very fun. Above is Vivien giving her lei to Ava.
This is Nicolette eating her lei. Nicolette was such a trooper this day. She had the beginings of a terrible cold and spent most of the day in the stroller. She is always a pretty good sport in following her family around.
This was the first show we saw. The "natives" made fire from sticks and this guy up there in the tree had climbed this tree in 10 seconds flat! He pretended he was going to jump but, really he didn't
.
This was the river show. All of the 7 villages were represented in different costumes and music, and dance. Really great.
Here is a picture of the girls "tattoos". They Paint them on the kids for fun.
Here are most of the kids with Hannah. LtoR Katie, Lexi, Madi, Hannah, Vivi, Ava, Lilli.
This is Ava and Vivi doing a hula dance. Lacey is looking on. It was a great morning!


3 comments:
What a fun start to your vacation! Looks like a great time. I look forward to more updates about your trip. :-)
I'm glad you're back and you had a safe trip!
It looks and sounds like an interesting place to visit. I always hear great things about the Polynesian Cultural Center. When Mike and I go back to Hawaii (yes I have already starting planning) that will be one of our stops (along with the Napoli Coast).
that was fun
Post a Comment