So...my sister...
I was talking to my sister Dawnae last night. Here is our conversation...
Me: Dawnae, we all are very annoyed that you are not blogging anymore...
Dawnae: Well, you know I'm just so tired and I need camera batteries and yada yada yada (the yada's are my input not hers.)
Me: Well, yeah but, I don't really care you just should be blogging here and there.
Dawnae: Well, my problem is I'm not a writer like LaRae. (our sis. number 1 that none of us can compete with but, that's ok we love her anyway:) (again, my input not Dawnae's) I write how I talk and I think people get so annoyed having to read that. I am sure it does not make sense to them the things I am writing.
Me: Well, I write like I talk and that's just the way it is! It's fine I am sure people can understand what I am saying.
afterthoughts: So, today I am of course rethinking this whole thing. Really, I know this was probably just another yada yada type thing from Dawnae. She is a very busy mom and I don't want to discount that fact at all! I am very impressed how she does so much for each of her children mostly by herself (because of her hubby's job). So, I don't mean to be confusing, but I do write like I talk. Is this a problem? Am I totally overlooking the whole correct blog writing style? I know my D.H. has issues with the ... personally, I love the ... it helps me flow from one thought to the other, which helps me think while writing, because my brain thinks this way, one thought to the next. Constantly going no breaks for me... OK, looking for some input here:).
The plain truth... I miss Dawnae in the blog world I love looking at her blog she is my big sis...I love that my sisters blog and one of my sil's ! I think it is an amazing tool that helps us to better know what is happening in each others lives. I miss my sisters and I love that blogging helps me to be involved in their daily lives:) I don't want Dawane to be afraid to blog because of her writing style. Aren't all writing styles accepted in blog world? Am, I being naive here?


9 comments:
I don't think your writing style matters one single bit when it comes to blogging! For heaven sakes, it's supposed to be YOUR own blog.
I love blogging for the reasons you mentioned & more. I would be sad if one of my sisters had one & quit too, but none of my sisters have one...
None of my sister have on, but my SIL does and she has a totally different style than I do. I agree with Patsy it dosen't matter
Hello??? - I really don't think that just because you're not a "writer" like me - which I am NOT anyway, so that can't be an excuse- that you shouldn't blog. As far as I am concerned. there is no "correct blog writing style". Whoever heard of such a thing? Do you know how many blogs are out there, and do you know how many different styles of blogs there are? I think it would be very boring if every blog had to use a "correct blog writing style" in order to be a blog. Each blog is unique to the person who authors that blog.
I look at a lot of blogs every day, and each blog is different, but provides me with way to keep up with the comings & goings of my friends & family (even if it's midnight) that I cannot interact with on a regular basis. I love that I know that Lilli was Cindy Lu Who in the school play & that Ava was in the play but found it quite painful to do so. I am glad that I know that Lexi entered you in a "Queen for the Day" contest at Albertsons & I am glad that I know this because I read it on your blog & I didn't hear it from mom.
I also love that I know that my cousin Kristin had a family portrait, and that my cousin Melanie has an amazing son who just turned 16, and that my friend Judy's son Zac can do really cool tricks on a bike, etc., etc. 2 years ago I didn't know any such details about the lives of these women because we didn't keep in touch via blogs! Obviously it would be better to talk to everyone in person, but if I knew this much detail about all these people by talking to them on a regular basis, I wouldn't get much else done.
As far as Dawnae - I do think she's just lost steam, and maybe we should send her some camera batteries! Besides not writing on her own blog, she rarely looks at ours as well - so I think that negates the whole "I'm not a writer" excuse. I also miss hearing from Dawnae a lot, but with a new baby coming very soon, we may not hear from her for quite a while! I wish she would join us again in the blogging world, because I loved keeping up with her as well via our blogs. I found the pictures of Isabelle with the bright pink, semi-permanent marker "make up" around Easter time hilarious, and Rose's piggy tails so adorable! So if you read this Dawnae - please come back!! : )
it's YOUR blog! it's supposed to make sense to you, if other people are into it too, then it's just a bonus because ultimately...the record you're keeping is for you...by the way...i'm all about the...and your writing style makes perfect sense...at least to me! :)
ps, i'm with larae, send dawnae some good mail...and make sure camera batteries are involved.
Your blog is about you and your family not anyone else.....if someone does not like how you write then they don't have to read your blog!! A blog is like our personal journal......each blog is unique and reflects who we are. It would not be your own if you tired to be like someone else. Each of us are unique and that what make everyone's blog personal and unique.
I myself, was wondering what happened to her. Can some one please tell me what D.H. stands for? It's doug you are talking about, yes?
Thank you for your comments! I am pleased you can all understand my "lanuage" :)
I meant language!
Okay first of all so everyone understands..... Janae said just put up some pictures.....so I said I don't have batteries for my camera, and I need to get some. Being add, and not on meds let me tell you, a small detail like this is extremely hard for me to remember!!! That may sound lame but it is the truth. I am doing good right now just to get a shower, the kids fed, bathed and the house semi clean. But I digress. Doug said just write about something. I said that I was not a writer, meaning better at the picture thing....and then added the bit about LaRae, meaning LaRae could have a beautiful post that is just about her thoughts, and it is well written and understandable, with the correct punctuation etc etc etc. I have not QUIT blogging people, just let me have a little break please!!! This bloggin is so much pressure!!!!! Just let me have the kid...get back on my medication, and I promise life will get back to normal.....it always does.....You guys are as bad as Belle! (she keeps wanting me to play)....well at least I know I am popular! :)
Post a Comment