Turkey Day
Here it is...it was one big boy! Thanks Kristy for ordering him for us...we have enjoyed him:)
Place cards...they turned out nice, but took forever to tie slippery ribbon on them at 2 AM.
The table
So...you can tell by the look on Lexi's face that there was some concern with our "very done turkey" ( I thought for the first time of ever doing this it wasn't a half bad job, but that's just my opinion.) My dad was referencing jokes from the turkey scene in Christmas Vacation...yeah, that was great!
Here is the spread...we had a TON of food! It was seriously crazy, but oh soo good:)
Lilli and Mammy.
Nicolette was not so sure about the whole Thanksgiving thing. She ate pretty well though.
Vivien mainly ate cranberries...thanks for the recipe Patsy:)
Here's our little group! Such a fun holiday:) We were so grateful to have Aunt Dawnae and family and Mammy and Poppy, to share our day.
I am sad I have NO pictures of the pies!!! My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the pie! What was I thinking?? Oh well, there's always next year:)


8 comments:
Beautiful table and the turkey was just fine I'm sure. It was giant...are you still eating him?
I heard about that table and even though I don't get to see the pies, I'm so glad I get to see the table! It looks so beautiful! I love the last group photo - especially Ava's pose!
Your mom was telling me how awesome Thanksgiving was. It looks like quite the feast! That turkey was gianormous! Holy buckets!
Great job Janae!!! Everything looked really good!! Sorry about the HUGE turkey next year we will get smaller ones.
Everything looks perfect to me. :-) I bet everything was delicious and everyone had a great time!
i'm sure the turkey was great - you're so hard on yourself! congratulations on making it through your first thanksgiving hosting! it's a ton of work, but so fun, i love it! your place cards are darling! - 2am? what the?
Way to go! I personally am putting off hosting Thanksgiving as long as possible. Everything looks awesome! I agree with the pie thing. The pies are the best part! My mom didn't like it when we all said that though. I think she was wondering why she goes to the work of all the other stuff when we really just want the pie:)
I am so glad this family picture made it onto the blog!!! NOT! One of my more lovelier shots don't you think? Silly girl, can't believe you stayed up til two to tie slippery ribbon onto the name thingees....they were pretty tho...the whole table was! And dinner was yummy...so sad about the pies they were so pretty!
Post a Comment