Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Ready To Admit it...

My baby had a birthday.... October12, 2008 party at Grandma's house! This post has needed to be posted for awhile and here it is. Doug had to be to an Eagle Court of Honor on Nicolette's birthday, so Janet offered to have us all over to celebrate the two-year-olds birthday. . Thank you Janet and Steve for the wonderful time!

Grandma had the dinner table decorated so festive:)

Nicolette loved the happy birthday sign.

This gift was one highlight. This girl loves George!

This cake was really good. I am sorry to be so blunt, but it just was, really good.

The real excitement...cake time.

Wow...she looks big...when did that happen?

Nicolette enjoying her cake.

Nicolette surrounded by cousins and sisters. What a great way to spend a b-day.

Daddy, Nicolette, and Mom.

The big girl...

Birthday bedtime...George and monkey jammies...perfect!


A few reasons I can finally write this post...

1. I don't feel quite as sad as I did that my baby is now 2.
2. I probably don't feel quite as sad because she has turned into a wholly terror.
3. Nicolette's favorite things to say:
No!
Stop it Mommy!
Stop it Vivi!
No Way!
4. Nicolette loves to color on everything.
5. Including, the tile floor, the couch, and herself!
6. She no longer goes to her nap like a perfect angel.
7. She also does not want to go to bed at 7:30 pm.
8. She thinks she's as big as Lexi.
9. Every time I ask her if she's my baby?
10. I get a definite NO WAY!

Well, I suppose it is inevitable that the terrible two's were coming for my" night in shining baby"
It might be that we would never want to let go of those sweet little one's until they start showing us their independence.
I am grateful that Nicolette is growing and learning new things. I will miss my sweet baby, but I am also excited to get to know my new independent two-year-old...just give me the strength to survive it and I will thoroughly enjoy it:)

8 comments:

Maine Mom said...

Nicolette IS growing up! It looks like she had a great time during her birthday celebration. It's fun to see glimpses of Janet & Steve's remodeled home. :-)
Thank you for the sweet pictures of Nicolette. She is such a cutie!

I'm sorry to hear that Nicolette has hit the "terrible twos". I hope you both survive them. :-)

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Nicolette! She is so stinkin' cute! We would be lost without her and Ethan and cute hugs when we get together!

Karrie said...

She is such a cutie...I would be sad too...but you're right the terrible two's are really terrible.

Matt said...

Great post! It is fun to see pictures of everybody. I couldn't figure out who Leif was, until I recognized Savanah and put 2 and 2 together. Kris needs to start a blog, but until she does, THANKS!

wende said...

my mom always says that they have to get it out of their system some time and you would rather it be when they're toddlers than teenagers. so i guess thats a plus right? :)

we love nicolette! happy birthday sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

Janae, that's a really cute picture of you holding Nicolette.

LaRae said...

Happy #2 Miss Nicolette! Ben loves George too. Are you going to share the recipe for the "really good cake?" Good luck surviving the two's! At least you know you're not alone - you have 4 other siblings all going through it too! :0)

dawnae said...

So hard to watch them leave baby into toddler...and then into girl hood. So so hard! It is unfair....wish they could keep that sweetness about them....