Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tooth Fairy Woes

I hate to be too negative, but I have to say when it comes to our house the Tooth Fairy is a bit of a slacker! Poor Ava has such difficulty with loosing teeth. It is not an easy process for this child. It comes with much pain and anguish. So, when she writes notes and wraps gifts for the Fairy after she looses a tooth I would expect some great excitement on the part of the dear Fairy! Unfortunately, the Tooth Fairy is beyond forgetful when it comes to visiting our home!

Ava had to wait two nights for the Fairy to come this time. It was so kind of the Tooth Fairy to write her a note apologizing for her tardiness, unfortunately she forgot to take the gift so kindly offered by Ava! Come on Fairy...get with it gal!

Luckily, Ava is kind and forgiving and I think the fact she got double the money, a nice note, and the Fairy FINALLY remembered her...that makes up for it? I am really hoping so, because my mother guilt can only take so much guilt at time:)

8 comments:

LaRae said...

I hate to be negative as well - but - I think that tooth fairy should have left a "5" to make up for her tardiness! :)

Kristy said...

You and I have the same issues with the Tooth Fairy!!! She generally forgets to take the tooth as well and sometimes takes a few weeks to show up. Bad tooth fairy!

patsy said...

same problem at our house too!
maybe it will help knowing she is late with us all? :)

that picture below of Nicolette is so cute I can't stand it!! I love that face!!!

wende said...

too funny! once i told spencer that i didn't think that the tooth fairy worked on thursdays. you gotta do what ya gotta do. double the money is nice though. :)

Katie said...

Geez, the tooth fairy better get with it. Nothing says "childhood trauma" like the tooth fairy forgetting to show up ;)

Karrie said...

You need to fire that tooth fairy!!! BAD BAD....our has the same issues...luckily we've not had any missing teeth here lately.

Unknown said...

I'm sure the tooth fairy has a lot of great reasons for showing up late...right? :-)

lexi said...

I have to give a picture of you in spanish, and the best I could find was one in your workout clothes! you need better pictures of YOU on your blog!