Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Little Worker Bee

This

Resulted in this

So Sad!

Mean Mom

Clean it Baby, Clean it:)

Mom's taking pictures? I guess I need to say cheese!


So, it was one of "those days". I had 200 things to do and 10 minutes to do it in...well, it felt that way at least!
I was making muffins and talking on the phone and trying to get the muffins made and delieverd in a timely manner. I look over and the next thing I know Nicolette has made a "masterpiece" on my wall!!! What? She has NEVER done such a thing. I got off the phone and we headed to our first official "time out". She was very offended and hurt that I was not thrilled with her lovely drawing. She did help with the clean up and I am hoping she got the message..."we only draw on PAPER!!"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. "She" did a good job cleaning it up. I never would have known if Mommy didn't tattle.

LaRae said...

Poor Nicolette! At least it was washable marker :) Ben did some wall drawing in the early months of being "2" too - but his was with pencil - which doesn't exactly come off painted walls nicely! These pics are hilarious - especially the first. I can almost feel how insulted she is!

Katie said...

Maybe Ella was giving her tips. She got the black and blue crayons and colored on our walls. It was awesome!

wende said...

spencer went through this stage where he loved to draw an "x" every six inches or so on the walls. especially up the stair cases. he also was so offended that i didn't appreciate his "x marks the spot" art.

at least it was washable!

Kristy said...

Man oh man! I am glad we don't have that problem anymore. Emily once drew on my carpet on the stairs and did not like when she had to scrub the carpet!

When Kelly was little he practiced doing "Z's" all over the wall. He wanted to be Zorro and wanted to do them fast like he did. He didn't get to practice very long!

patsy said...

oh no!
what a day!!

Trent did that with pencil all over... (it's still in some places)

pencil sounds okay-- NO it scratches into the surface ;(

Melanie said...

I don't know if it was washable marker or washable paint but the "after" pic looks great. The pictures are so cute.

Karrie said...

Wow...good idea to have her help clean it...I hope she got the message.

I wish my kids only used washable marker...they like the sharpie's and don't forget Riley's nickname as a baby "poopcasso" NO FUN!

Matt said...

Can you send her out to Maine, our fridge still has Eleanor written on it in pencil.

Kris said...

Well, it WAS a nice drawing...

We have a really nice portrait of Indiana Jones done in Sharpie on the side of our white step stool. Signed. Ummm... a) if you're old enough to write your name, you are old enough to have the whole "only on the paper" thing DOWN, and b) duh!!!

Unknown said...

Sweet pictures of a not so sweet moment! I like how you had Nicolette clean the wall. I bet she will think twice about coloring on the wall again.