Friday, March 14, 2008

Birthday Catch-Up


My Mom Hits The Big 6-0!
I have been wanting to post January birthday stuff forever! So, here it is the better late than never! We had a great bash for my mom's 60th. Can you believe she is 60? She looks so good and we are so grateful to have celebrated with her.

This was our family get-together the Sunday before her surprise luncheon (hehe). My sister LaRae worked so hard on this birthday. Because of her it was truly fabulous...a wonderful birthday of memories.

This is the quilt that LaRae and her sister-in-law Kimmy worked really hard on to get it done in time. We had all of the grandchildren draw a picture of why they love the cabin. Then the pictures were transfered from the computer to this quilt. It turned out so amazing! Thank you LaRae and Kimmy:)

Here is one of those hilarious pictures trying to get all of the grandkids to pose for a picture. There are just so many of them it is almost impossible to get one of everyone looking the correct direction.

Here were the wonderful yummy cakes LaRae made. They were both delicious!

This is the food for the luncheon. My sisters and sister-in-laws and myself worked pretty crazy to get this spread out and oh it was all worth it! It was all so yummy....I want to go back and look at it all again. Yeah for pictures. We had a special luncheon where we invited my moms closest of friends to help her celebrate on her real b-day. It had to be a surprise because my mom does not do well with parties. I think in the end that she was glad that it happened...I hope;). It was a wonderful day. I am so excited I got to be there. Dawnae and I had been down for the weekend for the family party. We then pretended that we were going home with our little families. Little did my mom know we were hiding out at LaRae's, cooking up a storm:)

Remember these? They are the best!

More food, food, food, why does it all have to taste so good?

cute Lesli and cute Karla working hard in the kitchen!

from L to R~ sister-in-law Karla (married to Mike), sister LaRae, me, sister Dawnae, sister-in-law Katie (married to Jared). Thanks to all these girls and Lesli for helping moms birthday turn out so great! It will be a day to always be remembered:)

7 comments:

Katie said...

So, I know were were supossed to be color coordinated and all, but my green is off. Doesn't really match everyone else. I should've opted for a darker green, like Karla's. Sigh. The b-day bash was a success indeed, and I am really wishing I had some of those strawberries. Oh and my brownies didn't turn out so great; must've been my "mint" that I used.

Melanie said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time with lots of wonderful eating! What a great celebration!

dawnae said...

It really was such a fun fun time! Wish us girls could do fun stuff like that more often.

Kristy said...

The food looks so good! It makes me hungry. What a fun b-day. My Mom turns 60 this year I guess I had better get thinking about it. I am the only daughter so it is up to me.

Anonymous said...

oh i wish we could have that bday bash again i was so nervous i did not eat my fill. oh it was the best food i ever ever had. the dessert was like celestial. no kidding. janae can you email some pics of the bash? i have none and i w ould like some. thanks and thanks again for all you girls did. it was SPECTACULAR TO SAY THE LEAST. LOVE MOM

wende said...

great post, your mom is too cute and all that food! you're right, why does food have to taste so good? i also love the picture with your sisters and SILs, that's one you will love later when you're all grandmas together talking about old times! :)

patsy said...

What great daughters!
That sounds like so much fun.

Way to go- the quilt is amazing! I dream of making my mom & mother in law a quilt similar, I hope it happens someday.