A Green Day ( no, not that kind of green.)
Owen feeling festive for his first St. Patrick's Day. He even had a green outfit. We had such a fun St. Patrick's Day last year that the girls had me convinced we had to carry on the tradition of celebrating this fun green day. I will confess it was not as fun as last year...but let's just focus on the positives.
I love this picture even though my camera was on the wrong setting and it looks a bit funky. I decided something fun and festive was make your own pizza night. That is a favorite here at our house. I even put out the bowl of spinach so we could have green pizza. A big thank you to Patsy for her amazing pizza recipe! We love it. Almost everyone was willing to put at least one piece of spinach on their pizza...uh huh, one piece of spinach, pretty funny.
Doug and I get the big pizza. We are extra hungry.
The girls all get to make their own little pizzas. Well, Nicolette has to share the big pizza with mom and dad. I am sure that won't last much longer. Before I know it she will be demanding her own mini pizza.
Vivien's night started off bad. Her new zuzu pet, which she earned for finding my keys..which were lost for a week, but that's another story. Well, her new zuzu pet met a terrible demise when it was banned to the laundry room shelf for eating up a huge chunk of hair girl's hair. Of course, when we were at the store and I read the "hair warning" on the toy I new right then and there...big mistake. Yet, I bought the lovely pet anyway and hence the hair disaster. Luckily, I was able to convince Vivi to focus on her pizza, she said she would but, she would not be happy about it!
many pizzas in the oven...yum!
During all the fun pizza business Doug and Owen were busy and focused on filling out our Census information. We're good citizens. It's the right thing to do. Doug is a great citizen. I wish he was our president, he would be a good one. I know things in the country would be running much smoother if he was in charge. That might make things real un-smoothish for me, but I could sacrifice for the country.
Ava made this over the top darling Leprechaun house at school. We used it for our center piece. I am so grateful to get to have all of Ava's creative art around.
A fun green dinner. I actually do love celebrating St. Patrick's Day. It's a low key holiday with no presents to buy. Do you love all the smiles on this group? Yes, I blackmailed them all with "no dessert if you don't smile for my picture", and presto...big smiles:)





9 comments:
I am amazed that you own mini pizza pans and impressed that you are willing to sacrifice for the good of our country. I'd vote for Doug! I love Owen's green outfit.
i am not against bribing for smiles.
i love ava's house.
and i would vote for doug.
maybe even campaign for him. :)
You are Mom of the year for sure!!!! Owen is just to stinkin' cute!!!
I need to make a trip to Gygi's and get some small pizza pans. I think my kids would love to make their own pizzas. We love Patsy's recipe too!
You are the funnest mom! We didn't celebrate st. patty's this year, may next year!! and hey, I'd vote for him!
The table looks so great, especially the centerpiece! (The people all look great too - my mom was just saying the other night how Doug can do everything holding a baby so casually, here is another example.)
I need the pizza recipe...I didn't even know there were mini pizza pans... I also need to know what happened with the hair? hair girl? ? or should we not speak of it....
Great post...love the green outfit Owen was sporting ....what a great day for everyone...you rock!!!
P.S. I would vote for Doug too, but I would want to be named to a cabinet if I campaigned for him!!
I missed Green day this year we were on the road. I love that you put effort into it . I love holidays, and you really are the funnest mom ever!
Yeah mom the post was great but I'm really not too supportive of the whole bribing for desert thing.
St. Patrick's Day gets overlooked here, except for the wearing of green, because Zoe's birthday is the next day. Zoe loves St. Patrick's Day because it is right next to her birthday and she would love for it to be more festive. I like the make your own pizza idea. It seems like I should be able to put together some type of green meal. Maybe next year.
Owen looks as handsome as ever. :-)
That's amazing that your keys were found after a week of being missing! Great find Vivi!
Post a Comment