Sunday, March 14, 2010

Warning!

Warning: If you are a child that is about to loose teeth beware of this Poppy.  I know he looks all grandfatherish and innocent sitting at his computer, but watch out!  My dad has a reputation of loving to pull teeth.  Now that his children are all too old to have loose teeth, he is sharing his love of teeth pulling with his grandchildren.  Vivien got to experience for herself the "joys" of having Poppy pull your tooth.  I must confess I am a bit to blame.  I was the one who let out the word that there was a loose tooth in the house.

This is the reenactment of these two fighting about the tooth.  It was not a pretty scene! I should have been snapping photos during Vivi's freak out once the tooth was out.  She was extremely upset and could not believe how much it hurt and that her mouth was bleeding.


This photo comes after all the tantrums and freak outs that her tooth was out.  She finally agreed that she was excited about the tooth being out.  She had told me  that she was so mad at Poppy and it was not fun to have a tooth out!


The great news Vivien later realized was that it was Friday!  Friday means show and tell day at the kindergarten class.  How perfect to loose a tooth on show and tell day.

I love this photo when all was forgiven.  I know Vivi would of given Poppy a hearty thanks if she wasn't still holding a bit of a grudge about things.  She has loved having a tooth out. (now that the pain and bleeding part is over:)

It's always a little bit sad to me when those sweet tiny baby teeth start making their exit. It is a milestone to me in the, "I'm growing up now mom stage".  My baby Vivien worked hard for those little teeth to cut through her gums. Now those tiny teeth are ready to be discarded?   It looks like someone is on her way to growing up!

6 comments:

wende said...

ouch!
perfect for show and tell day though! what luck!

i hope she forgets how bad it hurt when the next twenty have to come out. :)

Kristy said...

I hate loose teeth! Emily was the BIGGEST wimp ever when it came to loose teeth....we need Pappy to come and help us out! The boys on the other hand just pull them out.

None of my kids lost any teeth in kindergarten and could not put a sticker on their tooth at school it was a traumatic for my kids! What a great show and tell to take!! Way to go Vivi!

Kristin said...

It must be a genetic thing. I used to hide from my dad when I had a loose tooth. When I was 5 and I had my first loose tooth he came at me with pliers and then pulled the wrong tooth. Maybe they get it from grandpa!!

Kris said...

I'm glad all was forgiven in the end... that's exciting Vivi! Cute pictures too :)

Matt said...

Ha! I love to pull out my kids teeth. It often devolves into a wrestling mach though. None of my kids believe me when I say, "I just want to see if its loose!"

Karrie said...

This is hilarious...it was even better hearing Viv's version of it on the way home from school the other day....she is getting so big!