Friday, May 22, 2009

Fort Knox Here She Comes!

Oh WAIT....were just trying to get her into the local kindergarten class!

Vivien is yet to be officially registered for kindergarten. I have been putting it off seeing as, I have no idea where the copy of my deed is. I also don't have a valid passport or a letter from an approved government agency.

I'm afraid the pendulum has swung in the wrong direction if we need to give away private information like this just to register a child at the local elementary school. Doug has talked to a few people and a lawyer or two from the district. I think we are pretty stuck though and we'd better be hunting up some major info. if we want this girlie in school next year!

14 comments:

Katie said...

Honestly a deed? Thats rediculous. At least Vivi is in school. Poor ryan( and me) has to wait another year! Poor boy is bored silly! Good luck, with the registration!

wende said...

seriously? that is nuts! how about a power bill, the end.

that's so crazy! good luck.

Kristy said...

Okay this is way CRAZY!!!! I never had to do any of this for any of my kids. What a JOKE! What in the world has happened to our nice little city we live in! Good luck!

Melanie said...

Yikes! I can't believe it.

Three friends in my ward went to register their kids for kindergarten at the same school. All 3 kids had the same immunizations at about the same ages. One girl was registered fine. One girl was told she needed 1 additional shot. The little boy was told he needed 2 more shots. The moms could not figure out what was going on!

Karrie said...

Wow is it really worth it...have you considered home scooling? I have several neighborhs who do it and as far as I can tell there is no checks and blances, no one to answer to...kids can be outside all day running around and babysitting thier younger siblings if they are home schooled.

Karrie said...

did I mention in my previous post that I was home scooled? I had a few misspelled words in there...but still it's always an option right?

patsy said...

Is this for real?
holy cow?! Is this for the whole district? I can't believe this...

good luck!
maybe vivi will be joining us on Creative Thursday? :)

Angie said...

That is completely crazy! I didn't get the school a copy of Brynna's birth certificate until the middle of 1st grade...ooops! But most days I would give them whatever they want including cash to get my kid into school! :) Good luck!

LaRae said...

Interesting. I didn't have to provide our school district with that much info to register Madi for high school. And to think I was annoyed that they wouldn't take our cable bill as proof of residency. 2 utility bills were all we needed & apparently cable isn't considered an official utility - but our power bill & gas bill did it! Sorry for the major hassle!

Unknown said...

And I thought just coming up with an original birth certificate and a complete immunization record was a pain! I agree with Katie, it's ridiculous to need proof of a deed! Good luck getting everything together.

Ava said...

vivi is going to be in kintergarten

shannon said...

I couldn't believe it, either, when I had to dig up the deed to our house as proof that we lived here when we registered my daughter for kindergarten last year!

Does your kindergarten have half or full days?

Anonymous said...

wow...... can you believe it? it is crazy is this elementary sch so special that people lie to get in???? just not sure what they are looking for. well when i registered you i needed your full name and your shots that was it! :0) mom

Janet Patrice said...

You should go to the school and claim "Title I" as your reason for registering your daughter in that school. That is the "homeless child" act and they have to take the child with minimal identification .... might be fun to try.