Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Fling 2009

A group shot of the girls and their Mammy.  We were missing a few cousins this year.  We still had a great time:)


The wind was blowing, but the sun was shining!  It was beautiful outside.

Everyone enjoying cake for our dessert. 

The girls always have the best manners for Spring Fling.  We had a lesson from Mammy on modesty and the annual egg hunt.  I was in charge of hiding the eggs this year.  I was having a bit of a patience problem because, after the girls had looked for eggs for 5 minutes, then claimed they couldn't find the rest of the eggs,  I ended up having to point out eggs to them.  I was thinking, "now, why did i just hide all of these eggs?  So I could run around and show everyone where the eggs are?" It was a bit frustrating.  I am probably just a very terrible egg hider.  So, I volunteer NOT to be in charge of the egg hunt next year:)
Thanks to my mom for giving the girls a great time and a wonderful tradition!

10 comments:

Katie said...

All the girlies look so cute and grown up. Looks like a good time!

Kris said...

That is so fun! What a wonderful Grandma.

Kristy said...

All the girls look so pretty! I think this is so neat that your Mom does this for her granddaughters! This is the kind of grandma I want to be!

Hope you are having fun!

wende said...

oh look how grown up everyone is! your mom is darling - and what a beautiful home!

glad you had fun, and i'm with you, if they want the eggs, they have to work (hunt) for them! :)

shannon said...

What a pretty little spring fling!

How funny that you ended up having to point out the eggs--(things just never end up being as we imagined them in our mind)

Karrie said...

Such great photo documentation...your girls look so young I can't believe how old they look now...what a fun Mammy

Anonymous said...

to all the ladies thanks. we do have a great time all the girls are always one best behavior and we enjoy each other. i am glad i can be a "hands on mam" it is such fun. love mom thanks to janae for all thehelp. you are a great egg hider i think you should continue to be the chief of egg hiding? :0) of course the big girls will be in charge next yr. woo hoo.

lauri said...

Your girls are beautiful, Janae! Great pics and it sounds like you had a great time.

She Loves To Make said...

That is such a neat tradition! What a neat grandma!

Anonymous said...

i love the spring fling.