Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Sisters...


My sisters do amazing things. They are both very talented and determined in so many things that they do.

For instance, Dawnae is pursing her art despite having four children to raise and three of them being four and under. Dawnae painted this beautiful painting. Then she gave it to me! It matches my house perfectly and I love to look at it everyday. Dawnae recently took some of her paintings to a little boutique in Duck Creek. The owner of the boutique loved her work and agreed to sell some of her paintings there. She just found out a couple days ago that her first painting that was there SOLD! Very exciting! Thank you Dawnae for allowing one of your paintings to live in my home:)




My sister LaRae has decided to do this 3-day 60-mile walk for breast cancer. I know that she will be able to do this because of her drive and determination. She has been training all summer, and when she visited this summer we got to walk a bit together. It was great! I wish I had her for my walking partner everyday:)

I am so grateful for my sisters examples, and the different ways that they inspire me, to do more and be better. * If you are interested in learning more about this 60-mile marathon just click the link above:)

6 comments:

Maine Mom said...

I have to say that you are just as amazing and talented as your sisters! I wish I lived closer to you so I could enjoy some of those yummy meals and desserts that you make. :-)

Kristy said...

I have always wished for sisters but never got any. The painting is so beautiful!!

Melanie said...

What a great tribute to your beautiful sisters. I love Dawnae's painting!!

Karrie said...

I know you need to open a restaurant with your great cooking and sell Dawnae's art in the waiting area...great post

LaRae said...

Thanks Janae - that's very nice!

wende said...

great post janae! that painting is incredible, how fun to sell your art work!

three day walk? holy crap! i'm glad there are people with that kind of stamina in this world!

oh, and your sisters are just as lucky to have YOU as you are to have THEM!