Saturday, July 7, 2007

Bigger....Or....Better?


This is the all time favorite and famous game of the neighborhood. A group of kids grab some tiny object to take to trade at the houses in the neighborhood. The kids show the object to whoever answers the door and they say "do you have anything bigger or better than this?" The person at the door then has to try to think up something they can trade for the random thing they don't want. Let me just say that this is not the favorite game of the moms in the neighborhood, but we do put up with it just for the sake of good fun. Madi was here to visit this last week so Lexi, Madi and her friend Melissa decided they needed to play the game. They started out with a penny and ended up with this gigantic Hershey candy bar. The serving size said it would serve 50! The game does not usually end up with something SO much better so this is definitely the record for the Bigger or Better game. I am sure in the years to come the talk will always be..."and remember the time we got the gigantic candy bar for Bigger and Better?" Oh, the joys of youth!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Who would give away their chocolate??? That is certainly bigger and better than a penny! Way to go girls!

It's fun for me to see pictures now of your nieces and nephews and to know who they are. Yay for blogging!

LaRae said...

I have never seen a chocolate bar so big! Wow! Madi was very excited about the great prize they were able to get. I am so glad that Madi & Lexi got to spend some time together this week. Thanks for having her!

Anonymous said...

so, i think some guy got a house that way. in fact, im pretty sure i remember reading an article on him. go for the glory girls, maybe next time they could go for a car...

Anonymous said...

I knew i wasn't losing my mind. he started with a red paper clip.

www.oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

That is so cool. I've never heard of that game. I bet it is a lot of fun for the kids.

dawnae said...

This candy bar is unbelievable. I really hope I never end up with one! Yikes! What a fun game! Good young womens/mens activity!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Is that real? Where would anyone get a candy bar that big? Sounds like a fun game.

Anonymous said...

that is huge my freiend just today brought in the same thing but from chicago!