Monday, February 22, 2010

A Friday and a Saturday and A Determined Me!

I recently noticed a rapid decline in my blog posts since 2007.  I had over 100 posts in 2007 and exactly half of that for 2009.  I decided this is a terrible trend for me.  I am the first to admit I don't have the greatest recall for things that have happened in the past.  I am not an intense journal writer or scrapbook gal and that's why originally I was on the blogger bandwagon.  I was making memories I could keep!  Well, sadly and surely I'm afraid a good portion is lost because of my bad blogging habits.  I have been looking back at 2007 and the fun posts I had, many I don't remember even posting or the event, but hey...I've got proof, those memories are in cyberspace!  I was actually thrilled to know I have much of one very darling baby girl's memories locked up here in the blog...(not to mention her baby book is over the top excited about this). So, I am once again determined to be a better blogger. Record more memories, and more pictures. So that one day when my sweet girls, who all have high hopes of moving to exciting places, leaving their mother and possibly being farmers, actually leave, I'll have a little something left:)

Friday afternoon these two little darlings decided that it was snowing and they were making a snowman.  Well, there was not a whole lot of snow as you can see.  I was very skeptical of the whole idea, yet, being the fun mom I am I said sure have a carrot.  This is what we got, a real live snowman by two tiny girlies...fun times!
 
 Friday night Lexi and Lilli decided they were out of here for greener pastures.  I try to keep them all locked up in this house so I can have them all to myself.  They are not going for this at all!  So, Ava, Vivien, Nicolette, Mom, Dad and baby Owen decided we were having our own Friday night fun...even if it killed us!  Well, the movie did almost kill me, but I am happy to report I survived it..."Stuart Little Three". I have to admit it, but I cannot recommend it.  Sorry if it was one of your favorites, it's just not getting a thumbs up from me.  ~Moving on, do you see these sweet girls cozied together with their babies wrapped up?  We have a lot of that going on at our house lately and I just want to eat it all up as much as I can because it is extremely precious! 

  
 This sweet baby turned 5 weeks old, and he is definitely on Daddy's team!  Go boys!
Saturday~ I have no pictures from Saturday, sad yet true.  I do believe I got to sleep in and have a shower and go to the grocery store.  That's a big day for me of late, so no laughing!  Then, Saturday night came and Doug and I and baby Owen  got to go to my new favorite place.  Check it out HERE it's good food, pretty close by and the ambiance is awesome!  There it is, a weekend in the life...recorded!  Yay Mom's Team.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Janae! It's so much fun to hear and see what's going on in your family. Yay for getting out with Doug and baby Owen! I hope Owen was on his best behavior. :-)

LaRae said...

Love the little girls and their babies! We only have one baby-doll holding girlie left in this household - so sad :( You know I have the same problem with the blogging. Can't pinpoint why I lost the momentum, but I did and don't exactly know how to get it back. I need to make more of an effort for sure!

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great family weekend! I'm grateful I can blog to help make up for my less than perfect memory!

Kris said...

I LOVE the snowman. That is so cute. Owen is very cute too. He is looking chubbier! I'm glad everyone had a good weekend!

Kristy said...

Go Janae!!! Jake loves to go back and look at all the old blog posts. I had about 6 months made into a PDF file and he loves to look at it so it is well worth the time and effort to blog about life when though they claim they "hate it".

Fooks like things have been fun at your house. Owen is getting so BIG I can't believe it.

I am so glad you got out of the house even if it was to go grocery shopping and woohoo for dinner! I have wanted to try Arella's pizza but haven't yet.

Keep up the blogging (my posts have gone way down to) !!!

Matt said...

Yea! Nice post. Every time I see a picture of Nicolette I have to remind myself it is not Baby Kate. You almost have inspired me to update my blog.

lauri said...

Janae, I just love your sweet family and good for you for wanting to blog more. Me, too! Arella sounds good. We'll need to have a "blogger mom" lunch. :)

Karrie said...

such a cute post! The girls and their babies are too cute...I guess monkey see monkey do...right!

wende said...

wow! how did i miss that you have so many posts as of late!? good for you! :) i need to jump on the more frequent post band wagon myself. my numbers have also been dropping.

and seriously...cutest snowman EVER!