Friday, June 5, 2009

Fourth Grade Fun!

Lilli and friends from the fourth grade. This school year was a great one for Lilli. Fourth grade at our school is filled with lots of fun, activities, field trips, and work:)


Night of Notables
This picture of Lilli is from her "Night of Notables". Each child in Mrs. Peter's class got to pick someone from our state that was "Notable". There was reports, research and lots of fun digging around to find out as much as they could about their person.

Dad and Lilli after the show.

Lilli and mom enjoying all of the hard work done for this night.

Lilli waiting for her turn to give her speech. Lilli was ready to perform as Minerva Teichert, famous artist.


Mrs. Peter's Pioneer Play

Mrs. Peter's class put on a wonderful Pioneer play.
Grandma, Nicolette, Vivi, and mom were all there. Dad and Ava were there at the first showing.

This was during the play. I love all the costumes:)

Lilli giving her part in the play.

There was also a very big entire fourth grade program. This is what Nicolette was doing during the program. She had a bit of a hard time.

She did find some distraction with my sunglasses and seeing where they would fit.

Here is the entire fourth grade during one of the last songs.

Lilli and one of her good friends from class.

The Mountain Man Rendezvous

The Mountain Man Rendezvous was a great time. I got to help and it was a ton of fun!
The kids were divided into groups and got to rotate through different stations doing different pioneer activities.

Look at the view of this mountain from the park! It was a gorgeous day.

The three legged race.

The girls showing me their sand art jars they had just made.

Each child got to "make their own butter" using whip cream. A really fun and tasty activity!
There was also, leather molding, dutch oven cooking, pioneer stories, and pie-eating contests.
Fourth grade was a good one...look out fifth grade here she comes:)

11 comments:

shannon said...

I'm telling ya...you guys have the greatest plays/school programs out there!

The Mountain Man Rendesvous activity looked like a lot of fun...I'll have to mention this idea to our primary...I think it would be a big hit...

Kris said...

So much fun. Lilli is so photogenic, what great pictures. I LOVE Minerva Tichert, I want to hear what you learned when I see you next, Lilli! That is great. I guess you probably missed her exhibit at BYU last year (so did I, bummer.) What a great year!

LaRae said...

The picture of Lilli & her friends at the top is really cute. She IS photogenic! Did all these festivities happen at the end of the school year? That's a lot! I like the idea of the Night of Notables. Great for the kids to learn about people who made a notable difference and came from their same state!

Kristy said...

4th grade is so busy but so fun for the kids!!! Lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Lilli and Zoe are growing up! Nicolette is too...I hardly recognized her! Thanks for sharing all these fun pictures and events.

wende said...

fourth grade ROCKS! there's so much fun stuff, man it is a lot of work, but so great to learn so much about our great state!

the mountain man rendezvous is such a great memory for all of our kids. would you believe, at spencer's school, they had a giant pool where the kids could actually FISH? what the? ya, whatever.

Karrie said...

Great program/play Lili.

I loved the Rendesvous...it was so fun to see you there...I agree the weather was perfect!!!

patsy said...

I don't know how I missed this post??
fun fourth grade going in here!!!

lexi said...

how come you're not doing one on my seventh grade year????

ava said...

lilli lilli

lily said...

Because YOUR seventh grade year wasn't as cool as my FOURTH grade year. that's why.