Monday, June 22, 2009

Dad's Day

We had a fun Father's Day! This picture shows a great example of how excited some people were to honor their dad:)

Doug and Ava after opening his presents.

Lilli bought Doug this shirt all by herself with her own money:)

Lexi was feeling a little silly and has seemed to have gone back to her days of not cooperating for pictures. I feel like we should be over this stage seeing she is almost a teenager any day now. I guess she's just not ready to give it up! ( Lexi has explained to me that she was just imitating her dad's funny smile.)

We had double the pleasure this year for Father's Day. My dad was in town, so we got to share dad's day, not only with our dad, but with both grandpas too:)

Doug and his mom at our yummy dinner.

the dinner was truly delicious. Now, for some reason I only have pictures of the desserts? I guess that's where my priority is these days;)

Grandpa reading Ava's Fathers Day card to him.

Grandpa opening his gift from Ava. It took a little while. Grandpa was bestowed many a treasure from Ava this Fathers Day.

Dad and Nicolette.

This is what we did for sharing time. We had a little dad questionnaire. Most of the kids tried really hard, some did not. Here are Vivi and Lilli's pages they did. I had a place for them to draw a picture at the bottom of the page.

Poppy, Mammy, and the "girls".

Dad with his bunch of little girls. They are definitely a bunch!
All of us girls at this house are grateful for a wonderful dad who sacrifices so many things for us.
We are glad to have a special day to honor our dad. We love you Dad!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a nice post, Janae! I love the Sharing Time idea. I'm glad you were able to celebrate with Doug and both your Dads. That is special.

Karrie said...

WOW you have some spoiled Dad's around there...I agree they are also really great too.

Kris said...

Those are such cute pictures with your parents and all of the girls, and Doug with the girls! Lots of love and excitement about Dad & Grandpas, that is great!

Katie said...

Looks fun and those desserts do look delish! Oh, and Im loving your dads shirt...

LaRae said...

Looks like a great day! Lilli is quite a generous daughter & I love the pic of Ava & Steve & I agree w/ Katie - love dad's shirt - reminds me of grandpa herman!

wende said...

what a great day! i love a chance to spoil our great dads who do so much for our family. what great men you have in your life!

Shay said...

Hello, this is Shayla Smoot, Lexi's friend!!!! I LOVE your family!!! Your daughters are SUPER cute. Except Lexi. hahahaha just kidding just kidding. I love that Girl!! Your other little girls are super cute too! I am glad u had a fun dads day!!!!!!

Shay said...

Hello, this is Shayla Smoot, Lexi's friend!!!! I LOVE your family!!! Your daughters are SUPER cute. Except Lexi. hahahaha just kidding just kidding. I love that Girl!! Your other little girls are super cute too! I am glad u had a fun dads day!!!!!!

Ava said...

i gave him a doller!