Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cabin, Cousins, and a New year

We had a cabin New Year's Eve party again. I think this is becoming a great family tradition. we did fondue and flank steak salad. A perfect party menu:)

Madi and Lexi in a good party mood:)

Later in the evening. Mammy trying hard to stay awake;)

Katie and Lilli enjoying their party food:)

Cute Ben!

Madi and Lexi actually posing for the camera...

We had plenty of cider for our celebration. LaRae and I both found it on sale and so we ended up with probably 20 bottles of it!

Poppy with his traditional sparkling cider toast;)

LaRae and her camera, Mammy trying to stay awake, and the girls watching something...

Here we are with the count down. Lilli and Katie counting down and watching the ball drop.

Some real excitment... puzzle players!

Lexi and Madi, feeling less agreeable on the posing now that it's later in the night.
Thanks for a great New Year's Eve!




New Year's Day!
Poppy and Daddy "fixing" the trax...I think...

Madi and Lexi enjoying a break from sledding, in the snow? I thought it a bit strange that Lexi thought a rest in the snow was relaxing?

Nicolette was feeling really left out that the kids were in the snow and she was not. So, we got out the tiny snow stuff and she was ready to go:)

Look at all the snow at the cabin! The girls had such a great time playing.

Our Dad is cool. Nicolette was having great fun making a "snow house with Daddy".

Doug busy at work and refusing to wear a coat!

Nicolette helping Daddy. Such a fun way to spend New Year's. Thanks Mom and Dad!

7 comments:

dawnae said...

what a fun tradition! I always think of trying to do something with the kids for New Years but can never think of anything. Looks like everybody had a real good time.

Kristy said...

Fun times at the cabin! It is so nice that you have a cabin to run away too!! I am glad you had a good new years we missed you at our little party at home. :(

Unknown said...

Being with family is a great way to start the new year. Your evening looked like so much fun!

I think staying up too late makes cold snow look appealing to sleep on. :-)

Katie said...

That was so much fun! I love it when we all get together for new years...oh, wait, we weren't there... Maybe next year :(

LaRae said...

Fun post! Did you notice how serious all the girls look in that first picture? I also love mom's forced smile in her "trying to stay up" picture. I think it's great that mom & dad are staying up with their grandkids since they always put us all to bed when WE were growing up.

Karrie said...

Oh man looks like so much fun...I really want to go back there...that place is the BEST!!!!

wende said...

how fun! and how cute is little nicolette in her body snow suit! and where in the world is doug's coat?! he's out there digging the snow out without even gloves on. i'm such a wimp! i could never do this!