Sunday, January 4, 2009

Birthday Girl!

Vivien turned 5 years old! We had a fun time celebrating...with lots of different celebrations! Vivien requested a "pinkalicious cake". We have had quite a few Pinkalicious celebrations at our house. Fun ,fun, stuff:)

We first celebrated a few days before Vivi's b-day when we were at the cabin with cousins. Vivien had such a fun time she said, " I don't even need a friend party now, I will just have a cousin party." Wow, I thought, great, and wow!


Poor Nicolette really wanted it to be her party too.

Lexi and Madi were in charge of Vivi's b-day refreshments. They made yummy cupcakes and "snow icecream" so yummy and fun! If you ever get a chance to try snow icecream, the girls found the recipe here.

Vivien's actual b-day started very early on a Sunday morning with 9:00 AM church. She got to have a cereal I NEVER buy and eat it full on princess dishes!

Vivien and mom...January 4, 2009.

Grandma, Vivi, and Grandpa on her special day.

Grandma and Grandpa agreed to come for yet another wild dinner at our house! A wonderful birthday dinner was had. Grandma even brought her famous rolls...we were all in heaven:)


Vivien was thrilled with Nicolette for giving her a beautiful tea set. Vivien has never been so thrilled to have Nicolette around in her whole life!

The big birthday girl with presents:)



This might turn into the new birthday theme at our house..."Purplicious" now very popular at our house:)

One last pose with the cake before we light the candles.

Vivi making wishes and trying hard to blow out every last candle:)

Here is Grandpa trying to survive the goodbyes of these little girls;)

Our pink centerpiece. We have lots of fun with pink around here:)

And, last but not least...remember how the cousin party was so great that she didn't need a friend party? Well, yah, that did not really work out;) So, we took 3 of Vivi's closest preschool friends to the childrens museum for lots of play time and fun.

Vivi knows how to milk the birthday thing! We did have lots of fun celebrating. I love to celebrate my girls birthdays. It is their one day in the year to feel special. Sometimes it is very hard sharing the stage with 4 other sisters. They get that one day a year to have to themselves.
I loved celebrating with Vivi this year. She is definitely growing up. This has been a really good thing for Vivi:)


Happy Birthday Vivi!

8 comments:

Katie said...

That was definitley a pinkalicious party! Ella got that book for Christmas, hopefully, nobody turned pink over at your house. Vivi is a little janae as far as her looks go, maybe personality wise too?:)Glad she had a fun day, again too bad we couldn't be there to celebrate!

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures you posted, especially the one with Vivi and Nicolette after Vivi received her tea set!

Turning 5 is such a special age, so I'm glad Vivi had so many fun celebrations!

I'm sending your card out tomorrow. :-)

Melanie said...

I love her cute expressions! Did you make that beautiful cake Janae?

wende said...

happy birthday vivi! your photos were hillarious and i'm so excited to read purplicious! that definitely sounds like a tradition to me! fun times. janae you are a darling mom!

Kristy said...

Happy birthday Vivi!! You are now a pro bowler on the Wii!

I am glad that you had a fun b-day...thanks for telling me all about it today!

Purplicious....how fun! I am sure Emily would have been all over those books if they had them when she was little.

patsy said...

what a fun mom you are!!!

happy birthday to vivi~ she is such a cutie & lucky to be one of your "girls"

Karrie said...

I love Vivi she is such a cutie...Happy Birthday!!!

dawnae said...

boy i was exhausted just reading about all the festivities...kudos to you, celebrating that much birthday would most likely put me in the hospital!!!! i love the picture of you and Vivi, you both look beautiful!