Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh Vivi...


Last night Vivien told us... "When I grow up I want to work in a store... or have 40 cats"

What in the world??? oh my...Doug and I looked at each other and cringed just a little. I had a quick flash of seeing my 4-yr.-old working at the 7-11 with cats trailing behind her.

I then asked her..." how about being a doctor or a lawyer?"
Vivi..."Nah"
Me: "Ok, how about a computer programmer like daddy?"
Vivi: "Well, what do they do?"
Me: "they tell the computers what to do"
Vivi: " OK, I'll do that."

~Looks like we really dodged a bullet on that one, Doug! I'm a little concerned that to her computer programming and 40 cats sound about as good as each other...but, for now I'm glad she is letting the cats go:)

8 comments:

patsy said...

This is so funny!

megan & brian used to plan on working at McDonalds when they were little- who knows, maybe that will be the career path they take?
Not that there is anything wrong with that!

40 cats-- eewwww?

Angie said...

Thanks for that, I needed a little laughter today!

Katie said...

Im sneezing just thinking about 40 cats. gross! I must admit that my childhood ambition was to be a check at albertsons, So i can relate to Vivi on that. Ah, the dream.

Kristy said...

Emily tells me all the time that she is never getting married and is going to have a lot of cats......gross! One cat is enough for me!

Vivi is too cute! At least she has goals in her life.

Karrie said...

Vivi can have my Mom's cat...he's very fat and phsyco!!! Funny story...gotta love the things they say.

wende said...

ok, forty is a bit much. but she'll figure that out eventually right?

by the way, that photo of her is classic! total vivi all the way! so cute, she was pure joy to watch on saturday at the dance recital! i love that all of your girls some how ended up with electric pink in their costume this year! poor doug, what does he do with all that pink?!

Unknown said...

Emily is determined and excited to work at the grocery store. That is fine during high school, but I hope she comes up with a better career choice. :-)

Will you visit Vivi when she has 40 cats? :-)

dawnae said...

Vivien always has the greatest things to say...what a kid!