Tuesday, October 14, 2008

For The Record!


I am posting this conversation Lexi and I had today for her sake...one day when she is a mom she is going to read it and forever be in my debt!!!

Lexi~ "Mother, please...never be late like this again!"
Me~ " Lexi, I am sorry...but, do you have any idea how I have been running all over this town all day for you girls and that's about all I have done for the day."
Lexi~ "Well, you could at least be on time with all of your running around."

~ then there was something about some random talk...your late for everything, your whole life, and mine...etc, etc...(I am paraphrasing this part.)

Me~
1."Lexi, I woke up this morning and drove you to school.
2. I got Lilli ready and out the door for school without having to drive.
3. I drove Ava to meet up to walk with Lilli because she was late.
4. I drove Nicolette for a photo at stupid Target.
5. I drove back home, a needed bathroom break. (a bathroom break at the store with a toddler...not fun!)
6. I drove to Vivi's preschool for her program.
7. I drove home and fed Vivi lunch.
8. I drove Vivi to her friend's house to play.
9. I drove home to give Nicolette a nap.
10. Nicolette would not sleep so we drove to the school to help with Lilli's school play.
11. As I was heading out of the school to drive the Jr. high carpool...(your carpool Lexi) Nicolette bashed her face into the solid rock hard floor and was bleeding all over herself and me and the elementary school.
12. I cleaned up the blood and drove to the the jr. high...yes, late to pick you up...(remember the bleeding baby here).
13. drove home and dropped you, Lexi off...another bathroom break.
14. I drove back to the elementary school to pick up those girls there.
15.I drove back home dropped off Lilli, got Ava ready for her party.
16. Drove you, Lexi to your singing lesson, drove Ava to her party.
17.drove home.
18. drove back to pick you up from your singing lesson...(only 5 min. late)
19. And, Lexi I still have to drive and pick Ava up from her party!"

" So if I am a little late...maybe you can give me a bit of a break, and maybe when your the mom you might understand this better and give me a little slack."
Lexi~ "Well, when I'm the mom I won't be late for one thing ever, and I will call you up and let you know how it is done"
me~ "lovely, that's just lovely...

Ok, if you have made it through reading this post maybe this post if for me too...I need some positive reinforcement from somebody out there! And, can someone please tell me how it is that I seem to have a teenager in my home even though she is only 12? And, isn't this far too much driving for one person? I think I feel an everyone is walking everywhere strike coming on;)
serenity now... :)

12 comments:

averett's said...

Holy Cow! That IS alot of driving! You are supermom! Garrett turned into a teenager at 12 as well! It's like they know it's coming so they just jump right into it! There are always some bad days with teenagers and of course days you can not do ANYTHING right, but there are those few good ones were they do appreciate you! Just hold on to those (that) good days! They seem to be few and far between!:) Your an awesome Mom!

Matt said...

It is awfully nice that she is willing to call you up and tell you how it is done! My suggestion: In 15 years you call Lexi up and you tell her how its done.

patsy said...

Oh boy-
just know I have been right here in this position myself. at least 1000 times. I hope you get a phone call someday- but honestly, I'm still waiting for mine.

You are an amazing mom!!!- I bet there was really something else going on & she was taking it out on the "safe" person - you. I'm glad you stood your ground & defended yourself! Sometimes us mom's have/need to do that- she'll get it- sooner than you think- she may just not give you the satisfaction of knowing it though...

two words-
dogs & traveling....
the blood issue- is that okay now...

Kristy said...

Lexi must be Emily's twin!!!! I had the same conversations with her. I told her and still tell her I don't sit at home all day and watch TV and eat bon bons!!!! I have done a few posts just like you....I am hoping someday Emily will appreciate them.
Emily gave me a hard time about making Halloween baskets for everyone....she said "who makes Halloween baskets for their friends?". Someday they will understand that thye will be late, their houses will not be perfect like they think and we will have a HUGE smiles on our faces.

I am in the same boat with you so we will both hang tight and someday we will get paid back! You are an awesome Mom and it might take years for your girls to see that but they will appreciate you one day! Love ya :)

Karrie said...

I support the driving strike and if Miss Lexi had to walk in the cold weather a few times...it wouldn't hurt her.

Also the story about how you had to walk to school both ways up hill might not hurt.

She's not too old for a time out either....or better yet maybe she needs a break from going to so many places for you to remember to pick her up and if she can't wait a mere 5 minutes.....she should just stay home after school to help you out a little. That may get to her!

I'm very evil and diabolical when it comes to punishment for children....Mariah currently has not bedroom door for a major issue with cleaning her room....I really wanted her not to have a room or bed sleep in...but Troy made me compromise...long stroy I'll have to tell you all about it sometime

lexi said...

do you honestly have to post every little thing i say on your blog?

LaRae said...

Just don't tell me that you also started the day at 5:00 am with scripture study, then got in a 5-mile run, and baked bread to take to your sick neighbor, did your visiting teaching in between it all then prepared a nutritious dinner for your family because then I might really NOT like you for a while! :) I was going to say - I'll bet Lexi loved this post - but then I saw her comment & could tell that she REALLY did love the post.

Just remember that sometimes the teenage 12-year-old has its upside - like when you're sick & she cleans the house, takes care of the kids & makes dinner!

wende said...

oh janae janae, i'm sorry. ya, what do you say? you say what i say to my kids when they start to turn ungrateful..."oh, i think what you meant to say was 'thanks mom for giving me a ride so i didn't have to walk' ", and if she forget its again, make her walk, i'm with karrie.

good job. really, good job, you are a good mother. sorry about nic's bashing incident - i didn't notice any bruising or anything today. :)

Angie said...

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Janet Patrice said...

I always find that when my boys get in that place of functining from teenaged ego and expecting way too much 'stuff' that a service project is in order - sorting food at a senior food bank or helping my office with little kids or going as a family to a homeless shelter to serve food helps them see the error of their teenaged ways. And sometimes, they actually enjoy it. Good luck and welcome to the era of teenaged ego.

Anonymous said...

oh how i remember those driving days.... i think that is the worse part of multiple kids. i still get stressed just remembering "living" in the car..... guess that is just part of it but it is hard....... sounded like a hard day esp. with nic olette bashing her face at the school. ouch. hang in there...... they are grow up and then you miss them like i miss my little janae who is now doing what i did in the 70's and 80's. love ya mom

Anonymous said...

Oh lexi...i love you. you are so funny but remember i am on your side on this. luv ya tons!!