Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to my 12-year-old...what?

This post has taken me awhile to get the courage to do it. I can't believe I have a twelve year-old! I have been in a bit of denial. It seems like just yesterday she was this pouting little 3-year-old...I miss that little 3-year-old some days:) I am excited for Lexi, twelve is a definite milestone in growing up. This post is a big one...for my big girl:)


Here she is today. Looking very grown up and appeasing me with my picture taking.

January 1999, Lexi's first day of Primary! Wow...we were all very excited. I remember being very anxious for my first girl to be headed to big primary.

July 6,2008, Lexi's first day of Young Women's. This one is really a Wow! She got to go into Young Women's on her actual birthday. I thought this very fitting as Lexi has been waiting all year to be graduated from Primary.

I put this sign up in the yard and she took it very well. Thank you Lexi:)

She really was one of the cutest toddlers ever:)

me and her...she's twelve...I'm OK. I think this post is helping me to accept things;)
(like my kids are going to grow up and it will be OK:)

This girl celebrated hard and LONG. She started out with celebrating when my mom was here the week before her b-day. She got to open her gift EARLY...which I am a bit of against but, I do whatever my mom wants:) she wanted her to open it early and of course I do what I am told:)

She also got to have a big shopping and lunch day out with Grandma...lucky girl!

We took a few of her friends and did the pedicure thing. These girls had fun. They were a little shy especially when they got to feeling their feet tickled to death. Cute girls:)

Here are the cute toes:)

We had a very fun dinner out. The girls all wanted to share meals even though we told them to get whatever. So cute.

Playing in the round about door...so glad we can still play even though were 12:)

Doug was trying to take a picture of us in front of the restaurant and this nice man offered to take our picture for us so we could all be in it. So nice! AND he didn't even run off and steal our camera:)

Next, we moved on to Sunday her actual b-day. Lexi and her cousin Aimee. Aimee made Lexi this beautiful card. Aimee is one of the best card makers I have ever known. I have been a recipient of her awesome cards...thank you Aimee:)

present time. As if she this b-day needs to go on anymore...but, it does:)

cute clothes from shopping trip with Grandma.

Lexi and Aimee trying to figure out what this gift is...

Lexi finally figuring out the gift! American Idol Concert...HERE WE COME!!! Woo hoo:)

I love this picture of Lexi and her Grandpa...is it not the greatest?

Bring on the cake...

Lexi and cousins celebrating.

My phobia of candles child, trying to blow out her candles...oh the patience I must have;)

Of course we had to have cupcakes with our cake!

Happy Birthday Lexi! I love you more than you will ever know...until you have a child of your own. I am here for you always, with you till the end of time and forever your mother:)

11 comments:

patsy said...

Oh- she is such a beautiful girl!
I always thought I would have a red headed girl... now I am hoping for a red headed granddaughter. she has the best hair ever-

What a great birthday. I love this post. I love the sign in the yard, the cupcakes, the perfect present, great- great birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like Lexi sure had a fun birthday! I can't believe she is 12 and in Young Women's...wow! What fun to go into Young Women's on her birthday! Not to depress you more, but she is going to change so much in the next couple of years.

I, too, love the picture of Lexi and Steve!

Kristy said...

Happy birthday Lexi!!!! In no time she will be driving and dating. What a fun b-day! How was American Idol???

Katie said...

Holy, you have a 12 year old?! Lexi looks so beautiful and grown up. Im sure the Idol tickets were the best thing ever. Make sure to take lots of pictures of my D.C.

LaRae said...

Happy, happy 12th! What a beautiful young woman. That is a fabulous pic of grandpa & Lex. I love the sign in the front yard too - what a creative mom you are, Janae!

Matt said...

Happy Birthday Lexi! That is so cool. I used to hate it when relatives that I hardly knew used to come up and say "I can't believe how old you are getting!" but, I can't believe how old you are getting. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh.... my little lexi is growing up! haha!she will have a great time at american idol is was the best thing i have ever gone to in my life! i will see you tomarrow lexi! your awesome- lots of love- madi! Happy Birthday!

Karrie said...

Wow...12...watch out 16 is next and will come before you know it. She is darling and has the cutest group of friends...are they future Blogger Moms?....You are a grea Mom Janae

Karrie said...

I meant to say you are a great Mom Janae...I can't type fast...I'm challenged

wende said...

i laughed when i read patsy's comment, i have always thought i would have a red-headed little girl too, and i think of this every time i see lexi.

she is such a darling girl, twelve is good, twelve is exciting and fun and she will love young women!

i'm so jealous of american idol tickets! how in the world did you swing those?!

happy birthday cutie lexi! you are the most adorable toddler ever, but you're a darling twelve year old too! great post janae!

Jenny said...

What great birthday pictures! My daughter has another year before turning 12. She's already a little moody because most of her friends are turning 12 this summer and leaving her behind in Primary!