Friday, June 13, 2008

Cupcakes, Cupcakes Everywhere:)

This has got to be one of the cutest little boys ever! This is my nephew, and he was over to play awhile ago and we made...you guessed it, cupcakes. Guess what, boys like to eat cupcakes as much as girls:)

As some of you may know there has been some serious cupcake obsession going on here for the last...year? This post has been growing and growing and I just had to share all of the fun cupcake business that has been going on! If you make it to the end of the post you must love cupcakes because this one is long. Awhile back we made cupcakes at Wende's and we had way too much fun. After the cupcakes at Wende's I was inspired to do the Pinkalicious cupcake. (see below)


I made these a few weeks ago for a baby shower in the ward. They were really fun to do. I made Wende's lemon cupcakes, a classic white cake and butter cream, and blueberry lemon. It was very fun to experiment with different flavors.

This is the blueberry one.

I also had fun taking pictures of all the cupcakes. Cupcakes are very photogenic:)

The yummy lemon.

Patsy brought me some of her cupcakes quite a while ago. I had to take a picture they were so beautiful and very yummy. The pink was a strawberry lemonade that Patsy came up with...very fun:)




It's Pinkalicious!

We love this book so much that we had to make our own Pinkalicious cupcakes. They turned out really beautiful and they were so pink we wanted to cry;) (if you've read the book you will get that last line).

Here is the close up version.

Here is Ava with her book and cupcakes. This book was given to Ava by Grandma. We love this book Grandma!

Who wouldn't want to eat one of these?

Nicolette was throughly enjoying every morsel of cupcake that she was given.

Here she is licking her fingers to make sure she gets every crumb.

Nicolette loves Pinkalicious cupcakes too:)

Here is the sign for" more" that Aunt LaRae taught Nicolette awhile ago. This sign has really caught on and she still loves to sign for "more!"

This baby needs more cupcakes!
More cupcakes to come later...I hope you fellow cupcake lovers enjoyed:)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just point out, in case it's not clear, that the "blueberry" cupcakes' frosting is colored with fresh hand-squeezed blueberry juice—no artificial colors or preservatives.

Anonymous said...

I think you should make some chocolicious cupcakes while you're at the cabin.

Karrie said...

I love eating cupcakes and watching all the other Blogger Moms make them...I struggle with the whole icing bag and tips...but I did try some of my own...no photos though

wende said...

cupcakes are the funnest thing to photograph! those pinkalicious ones turned out DARLING, i love the cherry on top! you are a fun mom for making cupcakes as much as you do, when are we opening that store again?

Kristy said...

Way cute! I know who to call when I need professional cupcakes.....they looked so yummy!!!

Unknown said...

What fun cupcakes! I bet they tasted even sweeter than they looked. :-) Yummy!

Did Janet buy the Pinkalicious book? She always finds the best books!

Nicolette looks so cute licking every bit of cupcake that she can from her fingers and doing the "more" sign!

patsy said...

I love Nicolette's signing!! More for sure- you know I love cupcakes. do you ever check out cupcakes take the cake. We do here- everyday- they have the greatest cupcake photos. I don't think I have ever read an entry. I just love looking at them ;)

Kristin said...

We love cupcakes at our house too, and yes i agree cupcakes are very photogenic!!

Kristy said...

Where are you Janae?????

scrappysue said...

your friend kristy sent me to see your cupcakes - they're awesome!
here's one i made at cupcake classes (yes!) http://my3652009.blogspot.com/2009/05/april-28.html and some i made for my daughter's craft party
http://my3652009.blogspot.com/2009/04/april-24.html