Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The First Birthday...Finally!

Well, it's better late than never! I am exactly two months late in posting, because Nicolette turned one October 12. Beware...there is a mass of photos to come! I have had a hard time admitting my baby is one. Now that two months has passed I think I am used to the idea. (it's a miracle). This picture was taken on Nicolette's real birthday October 12, 2007. This means a lot to me. I have some hangups when it comes to celebrating things on the day that is not technically the event. We were not able to celebrate Nicolette's birthday day on the correct day. This will bug me forever but, it all turned out fine and great so I should get over it:) I was busy preparing food for a stake young womens thing the entire day...into the night...the next morning etc. We did take time out to take these pictures of the official day!

Janae, Doug, and Nicolette October12, 2007.

Mom and baby first birthday:)

We finally celebrated Nicolette's birthday on October 15. She absolutely loved having her party with her sisters. Her sisters also loved having a party for Nicolette. I was really impressed with how much she enjoyed opening each and every gift. When opening gifts she would, take out the tissue paper, peak down inside the gift bag, and then pull out the gift. It was really cute:)

Nicolette has really gone through a phase of loving dogs. Her only really word at age one was "woof" (if that's really a word). We got her this really cute musical dog, she has really enjoyed that toy.

Here she is woofing at the new dog.

still woofing at the dog...

This was her feeling very serious with the opening of packages.

Nicolette loved these new boots. Ironically, my mom and I both unknowingly bought her the same exact boots! Also, she has already outgrown them:( they were so so cute!

This was a book my mom gave Nicolette. It is her favorite book to look at.

The cake...yum...yum...

I love this picture because it shows her very dainty little hand just trying a bit of cake.

Vivien helped Nicolette blow out her candle...of course.

And...the first piece of cake goes to the b-day girl!

Here is the first cake picture...notice how nice and clean and tidy everything is. Notice how she is even trying to use the spoon...haha!

Oh...yummy, yummy, this baby was loving her first cake experience.

The ice cream is better eaten with fingers:)

The face is starting to show signs of the tidy eater not feeling so dainty in her eating.

She finally just threw the spoon down...she had had enough of dainty eating!

The final mess! Oh, it was a great party! Happy birthday baby:)

4 comments:

LaRae said...

Well hooray - I really didn't expect to see anything but the "My Broken Camera" title when I pulled up your blog, but yea, a little surprise! So glad to hear about Nicolette's big celebration. I loved all the pictures - my favorite was the very last one - the big mess! What a sweet and dainty little girl, that Nicolette.

Katie said...

I agree with Larae. That last picture is so darling! She looks so happy! Im glad she had a happy birthday (2 months ago!)

patsy said...

What a beautiful family you have!

dawnae said...

oh these pics of Nicolette are priceless!!! What a darn cutie she is I just can barely stand it!!! Why is it so hard to NOT celebrate on the exact day??? Mom never did....why do we have these impossible expectations for ourselves. I find if I miss the exact day there are these little mini parties everywhere, and lots more work for me.