It's That Time of Year Again!
No...not Christmas time! Back to school time. Our summer seemed extra short this year. We are all focusing on being positive...so we are just rolling with it! This is the last year these three girls will all be in the same school together. Again, I'm rolling with it! no tears..no tears...
Vivien is starting the first grade! That means being at school the whole day and getting to eat in the cafeteria with her friends. It's pretty exciting!
Ava has now made it to the 3rd grade. I can't believe it! When we moved to our new house Ava was not even born yet. She is excited for her new teacher and getting to be a third grader.
Lilli is at the end of her elementary school career. She will be in the sixth grade. She gets to have one of her favorite teachers again this year. This is an extra treat for sure!
ummm....here is my Lexi...my first born child. So, to make a long story short. Lexi really did not feel she had time for her back to school picture. I did empathize with her feelings, but being that I have taken a "back to school" picture of her since she was three. I really felt like I could not let this slide. So, I let her know if she did not have time at home I'd have to get one at the school. Now, I thought she would be expecting me at the school. Surprisingly, she had to be called to the office four times before I could get her for her picture. ( I guess that speaker at the jr. high really needs to be replaced if the kids can't even hear their name being called on the loud speaker! ) It's such a shame when the budget does not allow us to fix up our schools.
Anyway, my Lex was I guess not feeling in the picture mood...so I got what I could get. That's just the breaks when your the mom, make do make do. Luckily I've had lots of practice at the make do's.
Lexi heading back to class.
I did follow her back to class hoping for a better smile picture. No luck. Maybe next year:)










8 comments:
One day Lexi will learn it is just better to cooperate from the beginning!!! Too funny! Emily finally has just learned that I take lots of pictures and not too complain. Guess what she is starting to take pictures herself....I have trained her well!!!
All the girls looks so cute and ready for school!
WHAT gorgeous girls!
I AM LAUGHING SO HARD-- THE WHOLE FAMILY CAME INTO THE KITCHEN TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON!!!!
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAAA!!
so sorry lexi- but really this is such a great post :)
My best friend growing up- if she didn't make her bed in the morning her dad would drive down to the school (jr. high) and announce in her classroom that she hadn't made her bed-- then take her home to do it!
that only happened-
ONCE
Happy first day of school! Your pictures of Lexi are too funny. We are on our way to the Grand Canyon so it is still summer for us for a few more days.
ha ha ha! that is so hilarious! i love that you followed her to class! next year, i'm guessing she'll make some time for the first day of school portrait! ha ha!
hahaha poor poor Lexi. Tell her I totally empathize with her.. oh and that her outfit is cute :)
You are too funny Janae! I do hope Lexi remembers this experience next year and cooperates for you AT HOME. :-)
All of the girls looked awesome for their first day. I hope the day went well for them.
Why do I keep thinking of the Modern Family episode where the Mom embarrasses her daughter by honking the horn and telling her she loves her and to buy a bra?
This is so so funny...sorry Lexi..it's a mother's job!!!
They all looked adorable for school!
Janae you're awesome!!!! Reminds me when I'd get called down to Mr. Mathis' office because my mom would be on the phone letting me know that I didn't make my bed. (We won't talk about the other times I got called in to the dean's office!!) I love your family-the kids are sure growing up!!--Jen
Post a Comment