Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Kids Today...

We had just picked Vivi up at ballet class. The girls always love to have the windows down on the way home. Ava thought this completely wonderful today and this was her reply, (while letting her hair blow out the window) " HELLO BEAUTIFUL WORLD...HELLO". She repeated this a few times. This just made my morning. It was a purely sweet and happy girl, enjoying our beautiful world.

Vivien and I spend a lot of lunches just the two of us. Sometimes I only have time to feed Ava and get her off to school, get Nicolette down for a nap, and then focus on Vivi and her lunch. This was a little bit of our conversation today...
Vivi: "Mom, how old do you think I will be on my birthday?"
Me: " Well, Vivien, I am not sure, what do you think?"
Vivi: " Well, probably 17 or 16 or 15"
Me: " Well, honey probably just 4"
Vivi: "oh..........(sigh)"
My poor little Vivi thinks she should be a teenager already? She does seem to be a 15 year old stuck in a 3 and 1/2 year olds body, in many, many, ways. Bless her heart:)

5 comments:

Maine Mom said...

Picturing the girls riding with the windows down, wind blowing in their faces is precious!

Vivien, you are too cute!

LaRae said...

Isn't great to record these little conversations & memories?! Now you will always remember what would have been lost in a day or two! Children can teach a lot, can't they?

dawnae said...

Oh so cute...poor vivi...I understand the 15 year old stuck in a small body...always wanting to be older than you are. It is too funny, Belle has been gathering leaves, or dish towels and throwing them in the air and saying happy happy prayer. Now I am not sure if it was viv or ava that taught her that, (she just said it was her cousin) I thought it was so funny.

Maine Mom said...

I have just been counting points. I'd like to exercise...but I guess it's not high on my priority list since I haven't started yet!

I hope you're having a nice Sunday. :-)

LaRae said...

lonely blogging sister would sure love a blog post - or at least a blog visit - from her sisters! The blogging world is lonely these days!