Thursday, December 31, 2009

The BIG One!

Doug had his Big 40th Birthday this year! I tried and tried to figure out how we were going to celebrate it.  He was not a lot of help.  He thought we could just go to dinner.  I just did not think that would work for the big 40th.

 
 I decided we definitely needed some sort of surprise!  So, we ended up with a surprise birthday buffet.  I was the one surprised though that Doug really did not figure it out until his family started to arrive.

 
Here's our group minus Doug's sister because of a terrible snow storm!  We missed having Kris with us. Doug was very surprised and I think also happy to get to celebrate with family.

 Doug, Nicolette, and Vivien, Nicolette was in a sleepy girl mood and we did not get a ton of happy pictures out of the girlie.


Janae and Doug, The perfectly cut fruit was done by Doug's dad...Thank you Steve!

We ended up having birthday muffins instead of birthday cake.  I think it worked out fine, Doug says it was fine...I still feel slightly guilty about it.

Daddy's girl fake sleeping.

 
 Present time!  Nicolette definitely perked up for present time.  She did not care if there were bullets and tools in the presents she wanted to be a part of it!

Vivi had lots of excitement for the presents too!  

Nicolette the present giver:)

Doug chose to go to one of our favorite restaurants for his birthday dinner.  Here we are at Settebello. Everything was delicious AND because we went early no wait!

 
 My last surprise...we ended our night here at the Grand America.  
A big thank you to Doug's parents who helped make all these birthday festivities possible:)
And, Happy Birthday to the greatest husband around, I am one very lucky girl!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Doug! My husband also got his age spelled out, but in mini cupcakes. I felt a little guilty, but he said they were delicious and he liked the smaller size.

LaRae said...

Did Doug really get bullets for his birthday? Just wondering because Brad did too - from his mom & dad.

Kristy said...

Happy 40th birthday Doug!!! I feel your pain this birthday, I guess it was not horrible but I am not looking forward to 50!