Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Three Birthdays and a Baptism

We have been a bit busy here.  I have been wanting to blog, but seem unable to get it together and just get it done!  I am starting with our first birthday of what I like to call "birthday season at our house".  This year was extra fun because we got to throw a baptism in with birthday time...crazy busy, but well worth it:)


Happy Birthday Ava~ September 28!  8 Years old...wow!
 We spent the Saturday before Ava's birthday at The Lion House.  This is a tradition at our house and Ava is now the 3rd sister to celebrate her 8th birthday in such a historical place.  It takes effort on mom's part because the birthday needs to be booked a year in advance.  Now, for this mom that is one hard task to remember, "oh, on the 7th birthday let's start paying for the 8th!" Well, it is well worth it and we had a great time celebrating!




The girls all get to come and pick a pioneer bonnet.  Then we talk about pioneers and Brigham Young.  The tour of the house is always a fun highlight:)


 This was our hostess Karen.  she was a wonderful delight, and made the party fun for all of the girls.

 
 The Lion House birthday cake.

 
Ava with all of her friends out in the garden area of the house.


Here is Ava on her actual birthday, September 28.  Her big surprise was a new bike! 

Birthday cake made by mom.  All frosting colors chosen by the birthday girl:) Grandma and Grandpa were able to join us for dinner and cake!



We went to the cabin to meet up with my parents to continue the celebrating.  (i know this is one L-o-n-g birthday!) We had fun getting to see them over UEA and celebrate birthdays.


We celebrated with Lilli and Ava at the cabin.  It was lots of celebrating, but such a fun birthday to celebrate!  Happy 8th birthday Ava...We love you!

10 comments:

wende said...

YAY for ava! we love birthday eight at our house. i love that photo of all the girls in their pretty dresses, what a fun tradition!

Kristy said...

I can't believe all your b-days you have in a row!

Happy late b-day Ava! Congrats on your baptism!

The Lion House looks like so much fun.....I doubt I could talk Emily into celebrating her 18th b-day there????

Angie said...

Looks like fun! I had no idea you had to book the lion house a year in advance...wow! It looks like so much fun!

Kristin said...

What a birthday celebration! You are the best mom!!

Kris said...

Wow, that is a lot of celebrating... lucky Ava! I love the picture of Ava with the cake you made... beautiful (both the cake and the birthday girl :) )

Karrie said...

Wow Birthday Season is in full swing at your household. Ava is such a cutie. What a celebration!!!

patsy said...

I love birthdays at your house!

hooooooray for Ava-

Unknown said...

Stretched out birthdays are fun...for the kids. :-) I love your tradition of going to The Lion House on such a special birthday.

Ava said...

i loved my birthday party!

Anonymous said...

That's great and all, but you really need to move on. It's now December. put on a new post